disable silverado door chime

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

inoitall wrote:
I lost my door chime in my car and I want it back disable silverado door chime - Page 2 -- posted image. . I used the relocation harness on my 2002 Cavalier when I installed my new headunit. I have the factory radio in my trunk now. The problem is that I have all my speakers hooked up to an amp. Is there a wire I could splice off of at the factory radio and wire it to a tweeter or speaker to mount under my dash?

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=gmos-01&um=1&ie=UTF-8

see the above link. and you won't have to keep the old stock radio relocated in the trunk

inoitall 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks another-kelly but the only problem is that I already have everything installed. I have the relocation harness installed along with the factory radio in the trunk. Im not going to rip it out. But back in the days, I didnt know their was a harness that would eliminate the relocation. Anyways, I am an idiot you are correct. Since I have the drive side speaker ran to an amp and not the headunit, thats why I dont have the door chime. Now with my others car, she had the same exact installation done on hers dealing with the relocation. Her speakers were ran to the headunit though. Her door chime worked perfectly fine BUT when you turned the car off, there was a constant static from the driver side speaker. Now I know those cars have the "radio on until door is opened" feature. Since that feature is with the factory radio, the music is coming from the aftermarket radio, and that headunit turns off when the car is turned off, that would be the cause for the static. What I was thinking about doing was cutting open the relocation harness right where it gets to my dash ( I dont want to tear out the dash). Then I will cut the 2 wires for the driver side speaker. If I was to just splice into it, I would have music going through that speaker and I dont want that. So I will cut those wires and run the factory radio side of the wires to the tweeter which will be mounted up under my dash. Then I should have the door chime. But then I am afraid I will have the "radio on until door is opened" problem in that tweeter which I dont want.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic