icon

scytek 5000 alarm/remote start, 99 eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2008 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same alarm but I dont have the anti grind relay installed. Is that relay just to prevent the "person" from grinding the starter when turning the key too far when going to disable RS?
nayr747 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
Alright, some new developments. Apparently the (stock) hood pin being pressed is important for some reason. If it is not pressed, all the readings are double what they would be if it was pressed, regardless of it the alarm is in. So all my readings so far are higher than they would normally be with the hood closed.
Alarm out
-Pin not pressed ~35mA
-Pin pressed     ~11.7mA
Alarm in
-Pin not pressed ~57mA
-Pin pressed     ~35mA
I also tried testing the R/S relay. The draw was a lot higher after remote starting it, with no change after taking the neg. battery cable off, and after removing the relay. I'm really confused about this. Why wouldn't taking out the relay make the draw go back down?
After R/S
-Hood pin not pressed            ~111.7mA
-Pin pressed      ~69.5mA
-R/S relay out (pin not pressed) ~113mA
Also tested when locking & unlocking:
-Locking - at first over 200mA (for less than 1 sec), then ~150mA for ~10 sec, ~35mA after ~15 sec. total.
-Unlocking - from my memory I think it did about the same as locking but took much less time to drop to ~35mA
nayr747 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
Still wondering about a couple things:
The antenna draw is about 10mA. Does that seem too high?
And for the anti-grind relay, the way mine is wired is different from the one on this site and the one in my manual. Mine has the ground when armed going to 86 instead of 85 as in the12volt's diagram, as well as a few other differences (the pics are on page 3). Is that ok? I also re-soldered the diode the other way as was suggested.
nayr747 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
After pulling the relay to try to get the draw back down after the r/s, I tried pulling the alarm altogether. Normally this will make it go back down to ~35mA (with the hood open). But it was at like 70mA instead. Anybody have any ideas? I really don't know what to do at this point. Help!
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic