icon

200 mil amp out to 12 volt out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I'm using a Crimestopper 2012TW1 in my 2004 Grand Am GT.

I'm having a problem hooking up both my Domelight Supervision, and Horn Honk Features. The Output from the Unit is 200 Mila Amps Negitive for both. How do I wire a Relay to convert the 200ma Ground signal to a 12volt Ground Signal?

Also, my 12+ Alarm Siren Output wire is constantly showing full voltage, even when the alarm isn't triggered. This unit was in a different vehicle of mine a few years ago, and when I sold it, I took the unit out. When I went to hook it up, I heard something ratling around inside the brain box. I opened the box and there was a 3 prong transistor, or voltage regulator loose. I found the place on the board that it goes to, and re-soldered a 12 volt voltage regulator I got from Radio Shack. Still getting the same problem. I'm pretty much over trying to get it to work. However, I'd still like to find a way to energize the Siren even if by pulse, when the alarm is triggered.

Any Ideas?

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Constant power to terminal 86
200 mil out of alarm to      85
Ground to terminal           30
Your new high current output 87
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Is that a Negitive, High Current Output? Because, I'm wiring from a Negitive 200ma to a Negitive wire at the BCM
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  

Correction......    It's a 500ma wire comming from the Brain, NOT 200ma..

Sorry Guys

i am an idiot 
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged  
200 milliamps, 500 milliamps, it doesn't really matter. The relay wiring I provided will take this trigger from the alarm and give you basically a 30 amp capable ground. You did say you needed a 12volt ground output. If you needed a 12volt positive output, let me know.
As far as the 7812 you got from radio shack, Did the component that fell out of the alarm have any readable numbers on it? Why did you choose a 7812 to put in the unit? Pull the 7812 back out of the unit and see if the siren is still going off all of the time. My guess is that the device was actually a transistor and not a regulator. Don't just go running back to Radio Shack and buy any transistor. They all look alike but believe me they are not the same. We can figure out what kind of transistor you need.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, the numbers are very hard to read, but here's my best shot

1st Line      wod8

2nd Line Moroco or Horoco

3rd Tip 32c or 320

The first letter in line 2 and last number in line 3 are realy hard to read

I hope this helps

Idiot, I highly respect your opion, I've read TONS of your posts so far. Thanks for your help

i am an idiot 
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the thoroughness in your answers. That would be morocco and TIP 32C. And Lucky for you Radio Shack sells a suitable replacement for your application. A TIP42G will cost you a $1.59 RadShack
Remember when trying to remove the regulator it will be easier on the circuit board if you add extra solder to the joints, then heat up all 3 legs and gently pull the regulator out. Use pliers not for extra force, but so you do not leave fingertips on the tab of the regulator. You may want to check the old tranny and see if it is OK. It may have just fallen out of the board.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I'll pick one up today, and give it a shot. Now from a pro active standpoint. If this doesn't work, is there any way to use another trigger wire from the brain to trigger my alarm Siren? Here is the online manual....

http://crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/ComboSystem/cs2011_2016dp_30option_ins.pdf

I realy like this unit, it has a lot of good features, and everything else works great, but without a siren, all I have are a bunch of flashing lights.

Here's the other thing I haven't added yet. The car is actually my Brother in law's. He is on his 3rd tour in Iraq for the Marine Corps, and his other car was stolen right off of base! Which is why I'm doing this for him. He doesn't even know that I have his car yet. It's a supprise for him when he gets home, so I'd like to have this done right for him. It's the least I can do, for him, for fighting for my right to be a jack ass lol.

i am an idiot 
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Why would we not be able to fix the alarm?  We can rebuild it, we can make it stronger than it was before.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2008 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Any Ideas youu have on making it stronger, I'm all for! What Ideas do you have?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic