the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

tuning my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Here...
GUARANTEED to give you what you want. One of those will kick what you have in the knotz!
Pay attention to your enclosure, and you will be VERY satisfied!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kenwoodman 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
ok...i trade my kenwood 600 watt for a pyle chopper series  1800 wat,will this amp give me more power or was i better off with the kenwood?
theetimurban 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but you just went from worse, to worst.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
kenwoodman... I think you are of the impression that "more" = "better", i.e. more power from an amp or more power handling... IT'S NOT TRUE.
If it isn't too late, TAKE IT ALL BACK, (ALL OF IT!) return here with a budget and design goals, and let us help you out. You are chasing your tail buying all of these swap-o-rama parts, and you are heading toward a broken heart with a MORE broken debit card.
I already linked you to an OUTSTANDING woofer, all we need now is to find you an amp for it. The trade from the Kenwood to the Pyle was an extraordinarily bad choice. The answer is IN the question! It's a PILE! Bad shopper... BAD! While theetimurban feels you went from worse to worst, I'd rather have the Pyle than, say... Audioburn. SAY NO TO CHEEZY AMPS, and DO NOT buy a brand name JUST BECAUSE of the brand name. Friends don't let friends buy Pyle (or Rockwood, or Audiobahn, or ... or ... or ...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kenwoodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
if i bridged the kenwood to one sub and bridged the pyle to the other would it be a better situation?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

kenwoodman, in all this discussion I think I've lost track of what you think your problem is.  This started out with you trying to get the best out of your system, right?  Did you go through the instructions and suggestions and carefully set everything properly?  If so and you don't like the results, then the only thing you can really do is get rid of those speakers and buy something better.  Throwing a cheap (crap) amp at it will not help - Pyle is almost literally one of the worst brands you could choose.  If you don't like the sound of the Kenwood speakers then you need to get some decent subs.  Haem pointed you to an excellent choice, and there are many others.

If on the other hand you feel you are stuck with what you have, then all I can say is set it up properly and live with it.

Support the12volt.com
kenwoodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
basicly all im trying to do is get as close to my subs rms as possibl and when i got the amp the guy said the pyle puts out 900 per chanel rms and then i researched it further and found out thats not the case,can you please tell me how many watts i can get per amp per chanel,the pyle says its an 1800 watt amp so i figuer i can get at least 300 wats per chanel(hopefully) from the pyle and use the kenwood for my mids and highs,if you had the equipment i have and couldnt afford to get nething else what would you do,the kenwood is a kac 729s and the pyle is a chopper series 1800 watt amp,my subs are svc 400 rms and 800 max....please i know you gu8ys dont like either but it all i have and could you please tell me what you would do with this set up besides can em. My deck is a kenwood excelron 492s.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

First, using sentences with periods and capital letters would help people understand you.  This is not text messaging.

Second, don't worry about getting "close to the subs rms."  That does not really matter.

Third, Kenwood is a far better brand than Pyle.  The problem is you bought the wrong amp to go with your subs (or the wrong subs to match your amp.)   With the amp and subs you have, the best you can do is wire one sub to each channel, set your gain and crossovers properly and live with it.  The only other choice is to get a different amp (the Pyle is a HUGE step DOWN, don't do it!) or get different speakers.

Support the12volt.com
kenwoodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
ok i get it,now can you PLEASE just tell me if i should run each amp bridged to each sub or just run both subs off one amp and which amp should i use for subs and which one for mids and highs.
DYohn 
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Your questions have been answered if you choose to read them.
Support the12volt.com
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic