icon

viper 5900 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2008 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
You don't mention using a bypass module for the immobilizer - all Accords '98 and up have transponder keys. Check out BypassKit.
If the green key light on the dash is flashing while it's trying and failing to remote start, your problem is that you don't have a bypass or it isn't connected/programmed correctly.
If you've properly installed a bypass module(i.e. the key light comes on solid for a second when the ignition powers up and then goes out), your issue is most likely tach/voltage sensing not working properly.
Provided that your pink ignition wire from the DEI piece is connected to the BLACK / YELLOW on the car, you can rule that out as the cause; also you can probably ignore the keysense wire, I've never done a Honda where it mattered.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
npatzke 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
chriswallace187 wrote:
You don't mention using a bypass module for the immobilizer - all Accords '98 and up have transponder keys. Check out BypassKit.
If the green key light on the dash is flashing while it's trying and failing to remote start, your problem is that you don't have a bypass or it isn't connected/programmed correctly.
If you've properly installed a bypass module(i.e. the key light comes on solid for a second when the ignition powers up and then goes out), your issue is most likely tach/voltage sensing not working properly.
Provided that your pink ignition wire from the DEI piece is connected to the BLACK / YELLOW on the car, you can rule that out as the cause; also you can probably ignore the keysense wire, I've never done a Honda where it mattered.
Pink wire from the Remote Start satilite? So you're saying instead of trying to hunt down the keysense wire, just spend the 3.99+shipping on ebay for the bypass module?
Will the 555i be sufficient?
npatzke 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
Ooops, premature post:
I do not have a bypass module. I plan on ordering the 555i
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

Hopefully you haven't ordered yet...AFAIK the 555H is the correct older DEI piece and the 555I won't work for your car - I think it worked on Civics or TLs. Boy are they cheap on eBay! Probably b/c DEI has phased them out in favor of the Bypasskit pieces - however that works out for you b/c you can get a cheap bypass.

The immobilizer has nothing to do with the keysense wire - the keysense wire only has effect on the reminder chime and the power locks(it won't let you lock the doors if they're open and the key's in the ignition).

If you want a detailed explanation you can read my sticky about immobilizers, but the long and short of it is that you'd need a bypass module regardless.

npatzke 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
thank you chris. :)
I did not order the 555i instead I ordered the 555h. I read through the PDF filesfrom directed before perchasing. 555h was 5$ more unfortunetly. So for 10+5S&H, I got me an immobilized bypass. I then ordered two piezo sirens for fun. :)
I will be installing a starter kill relay once I figure out exactly how they work. Does the "ground when armed" wire DEGROUND when the remote start I'd activeted?
My fear is that I will have a functional starter kill, but it will disable/not allow the remote start to function normaly. What is the remedy for this, if one?
Thank you so much everyone.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

Just a reminder...you do know that the 5900 does have a starter kill!  Don't see why you would need two!  Unless it's just your preference to have two!

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
As joch1314 mentions - the 5900 has a starter kill/anti-grind feature built into the relay satellite, and an extra starter kill relay is completely pointless. The starter wire should be interrupted by the relay satellite and nothing else.
An external starter kill relay could be connected on the key side of where the remote start output is connected, but...again, it's completely pointless with this alarm.
npatzke 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
Oh! Wow! Really?
Didn't realize this! :)
Thanks!!
There is no other Relay that i have to add in anywhere to have the anti-grind/starterkill to work? That confuses me, because the starter output from the ignition is never interupted...
I"ll think it though, see if i can figure it out... haha
Thanks!
I want to make my own window-roll-up-when-armed "module" I have a few drawings on how i want to do this. I'll post a picture/schematic soon. I plan on using channel 4 (up) and 5 (down) outputs to control relays to control the window motors.
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a theft-bypass unit on this car? if so, you'll need some sort of transponder that mimics the theft security feature in the key to enable the car to start without a key in the cylinder?
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
crvz wrote:
do you have a theft-bypass unit on this car? if so, you'll need some sort of transponder that mimics the theft security feature in the key to enable the car to start without a key in the cylinder?
Oops! didnt see the second page. Clearly folks have beat me to the answer. I've got an 06 accord and ordered stuff from bypasskits.com, which helped me quite a bit, but looks like you're on the right track. good luck with the rest of the install!!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic