viper 5900 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
npatzke wrote:
I want to make my own window-roll-up-when-armed "module" I have a few drawings on how i want to do this. I'll post a picture/schematic soon. I plan on using channel 4 (up) and 5 (down) outputs to control relays to control the window motors.
Well third time's a charm, I guess. Why would you make your own module? The DEI 530T is not that expensive, and its safety features have surely got to be more reliable than something that you make yourself. I believe it measures load resistance to determine when the window is up or down, with changeable settings. Maybe you've got something up your sleeve to determine this, but setting up a timer is not the best of choices. I guess your other option is just to have the window move only while holding down the remote button, but the $30-$40 for a 530T is well worth it in my limited experience.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

Just Curious...what did you do with the purple and the green wires, because you do interrupt the starter wire with those two.  That's the way you get the starter kill hooked up.  Cut the starter wire...in this case you cut it after the fuse box as stated in the tech info, then go about hooking up the purple wire to the starter side of the wire and the green wire to the key side(fuse box in this case) of the wire.  Test the wire, but it should be the BLACK/ white wire.  if this is incorrect, somebody will correct it but i'm pretty sure that's what you need to do.

StarterBLACK/ White Cut after Fuse Panel, not at Ignition Switch 

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing personal, but the wiring info in the previous post is wrong. The BLACK/ white starter wire should be cut BETWEEN the key switch and the fusebox, not fusebox and starter(this causes a check engine light).
Directwire and my personal experience verify that.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
npatzke 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Chris:
I have to double check the way I have things wired. But right now, i do not know which color from the Remote Start relay i have attatched to the starter wire but the starter wire is NEVER interupted... it was cut, but spliced back together, just with another wire from the relay...
I think i understand what you're saying though. I'll look into that..
crvz:
Yeah, thats true. I enjoy the good feeling after accomplishing something like that. I may/probly will end up just buying the module... :( :)
I tested the Viper 5900's range this afternoon on the Airpark's runway. I was able to get .6 mi... not bad, but not what's advertised. The runway had a bump in it, killing my line of sight, but still, i feel that I should be able to get a mile out of it. :) I'm gonna play with antenna positions.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic