icon

linking alarm to audio system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f3rr3t 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
first a little background about the build.
Vehicle: 1994 GMC sierra extended cab
Subs: 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade 18's (don't rape my pm box there is no more for several months)
Sub amps: 2 Sundown Audio SAZ-3000d's 1 per sub
Mids and Highs: Active 4-way setup (drivers undetermined most likely dls)
Mids and Highs amps: 2 Sundown Audio SAX-100.4's (1 per door)
Other Mids and highs:(part of alarm not audio) CDT HD-42 2-way
Other Mids and Highs Amps:(part of alarm not audio) Sundown SAX-100.2
Alternators: 2 250 amp Ohio generator
Batteries: 8 Powermaster D3100's
Wire: all KnuKonceptz 10 runs of 1/0 gauge (5+ 5-)
Sound Deadening: 290 Sq feet of Cascade
Interior: Custom door pods for the 4-way setup, fiberglass dash and center console.
Model of subs, amp rack and box at bottom of post
ok here is were I would like some other people input. My alarm will be linked to my audio system. Speakers will be playing either a high tone or something that will gather peoples attention like my truck saying (rape or hes got a gun etc etc) the subs will be playing a 50hz tone which would make it hard as hell to concentrate.
I am just trying to figure out the best way to hook into the alarm. I think the best way would to have a second headunit in the truck somewhere with my disk that contains the 50hz and the high frequency (have not decided what will hurt the ears the worst) I can put both frequency's on the same track. Do to the fact that after sound processing the subs will only get the 50hz and the mids and highs will only get the high frequency. The CDT 4" comps will be in the rear c-pillar facing toward the front of the cab (purely to fill in the rear with the high frequency and because I have had them laying around.)
I could come off the alarm remote wire or siren wire to the remote going to the second source units 12+ ignition wire. Which will turn everything in my audio system on and at full tilt. The thing is how could I go about getting around a 15 second delay so that it takes the thief by surprise?
I apologize for the drawn out post and my poor grammar and punctuation.
linking alarm to audio system -- posted image.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  

A bit of advice: as cool as your idea sounds, it would be incredibly complicated to implement in practice.

My suggestion is that you get a 2-way paging alarm, make certain that the wiring and hardware is adequately "stealthed", and wire a couple piezo sirens in the inside - they will be far more annoying than your bass at top volume.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
f3rr3t 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
i am aware of the piezo sirens. and there are a few (5) in the truck already. honestly i dont find them to be bothersome
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
If you have 5 DEI 513T placed inside your cab correctly and wired correctly,i don't know how you can sit in there.You may want to look at there placement and try repositioning them.Or did you just get 513T knockoffs? I know they sell em on ebay,but their output is only something like 100db.
"ole blake"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic