icon

2008 honda civic si, python 871 xp alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
If the alarm has a remote start you definitely need it.  You don't want the car to start if you are changing a belt, your fingers may not like that.
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Try not to used a factory hood pin always use your own. if you have a RS you need it if is only alarm its not mandatory but I recommend you to use one
sicivic13 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry guys. I was not questioning whether or not I needed a hood pin. I just wanted to know if the Civic already had a factory hood pin and if so could I use it for the alarm.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

it does have a hood pin (factory) as you mentioned, you didnt need the remote start so hooking up the hood pin would not really be needed. Its nice to have if you got the alarm because if someone tried to disconnect your battery, or cut your siren, the alarm would be set off.

your welcome ! always glad to help.

sicivic13 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Now i have another question. I am going to install the remote start. I am going to get a bypass module for the immobilizer. Where would the best place be to find the tachometer wire on the 2008 Honda Civic Si? Unfortunately the computer is  located in the engine compartment and not inside the vehicle. Is there somewhere inside the vehicle that I could tap into?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

i would suggest you get the following bypass kits as i thought they were easy to use.

Fortin HONDA-SL3

Bypasskits PKH34
iDataLink ADS-DLSL-HA

i prefer using the Fortin or iDataLink Modules better than the Bypasskits.

Tach - BLUE @ Ecm Module under hood near drivers strut tower OR YELLOW /GREEN, WHITE/ BLUE, BLUE/GREEN and BROWN @ the coil

I have installed a unit into an 07 and the wires should be same.. Using the Alternator Stator Works 100% better and guarenteed 100% that it will start everytime. Sometime the tach does not give a strong enough signal that the unit can sense.

if you go the alternator stator wire its at the alternator plug. there is a plug/loom with 6-8 wires. Cut open the loom (large that runs from top of engine down intot he alt) its easy to spot since its a new car and the wires are new.

sicivic13 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

Which one is the alternator stator wire? I see a green plug that goes to the alternator. It only has 4 wires coming out of it. RED / white, blue/white, GREEN / WHITE, & BLACK / YELLOW. Other than that there is one other connection that I can see that is covered in rubber. I would assume this is the ground but am unsure. Also do you know how to disable the clutch safety switch? There are 2 plugs, one that is yellow and one that is gray. I unplugged both of them but the car would not start even wiht the clutch pedal depressed. I plugged the top one back in but the car would only start with the clutch pedal depressed.

Thanks.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Are you using a 689m as part of the install since you are installing an automatic remote start in a manual transmission vehicle?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Are you using a 689m as part of the install since you are installing an automatic remote start in a manual transmission vehicle?

My thoughts as well. I was going to try and predict the next question. "how do I bypass my clutch"?

AND the factroy hood pins are AS good as any. Use it, it's there.

tedmond 
Posted: May 05, 2008 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

haha good one KTM !

yea i suggest you get a 689m befoe you get flammed. should have read the forum rules

see, you do have the option of using the NEUTRAL SAFETY. This means the car already detects if its in gear. If the car is in gear, you will not be able to start it. Connecting the units Ebrake connection (-) to the Cars Neutral Safety LIGHT GREEN (-) @ gear selector switch will work as well.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic