icon

creating a car for competition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
force 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
New idea...2 Jl audio 12w7s or 10w7s with JL 1000/1 running each. Little more pricy..but itll do the job. Also where is the best deals for jls does anybody know?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Don't know how "new" that idea is... maybe new for you?  In any case, try your local authorized JL Audio dealer.
Support the12volt.com
jmalbright 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
force wrote:
New idea...2 Jl audio 12w7s or 10w7s with JL 1000/1 running each. Little more pricy..but itll do the job. Also where is the best deals for jls does anybody know?
I don't think either of those subs are the best choice for you if you are looking for all out SPL.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Do you want it to be a daily ride that can play music and go into comps or do you want flat out SPL? We could make some recommendations possibly off that.
And do you know how many cubic feet you have to play with for a box?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Lo,yea force.  i thought you were trying to keep a small enclosure.  w7s require a alarge amout of space. should try like 4 12w3s with a 1000/1 powering them.  enclosure would be half the  space as 2 w7s and could possibly make quite a bit more spl.  at least in the means i believe you are looking for. (daily driver with a lot of spl)

you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
force 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i am looking for a daily driver that I can use at comps also. I like bass a lot so ill be ridin with a lot of bass anyway..im just tryin to find the best setup I can
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
What would be the downside of having 12" JL W7 other than the space thing... and the weight. Those things killed my gas milage like none other.
But dang did those things ever rock. Did a number on my stock charging system though. Thats why I ripped out the 1000-1's and the subs.
But yeah, just wondering what you guys thought about them.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
w7s are not a big spl speaker.  they are designed for more sq.  they will push out some spl but you can find better for the purpose you are wanting.   put  4 w3 12s  in with only one 1000/1 and you will be in heaven ..  a lot of spl and still great sq.  but a lot less on the wallet, and your charging system. 
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic