icon

2008 scion xd factory keyfob disarm alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Chris has a good point, I forgot to mention that. The only way to allow the factory fobs to continue working with the car on is to cut the ignition input to the factory keyless module, and this is on a case to case basis when this solution is available.
hope this helps.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
oh man, i have been misleading this whole time. i thought he wanted to retain factory because i thought it was wailing when he unlocked the doors. Im sorry for the info i have been feedin you.
tmrepp 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
It's all good. Seems like a lot of work with small wires on a small circuit board (circuit board being the autopage keyfob) that wouldn't hold up very well. Maybe eventually I will end up doing this, but for the time being, it's not worth it to me. Thank you for all of your time, I appreciate it! I really wish they put a line in disarm on the alarm. Would make it a lot cheaper and easier. Yaknow?
tmrepp 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
You guys have any idea why the Autopage would (occasionally) only disarm and not unlock the locks no matter how many times I lock/unlock it, I have to use my key (or OEM keyless entry).. Any ideas? I'd like to put keyhole covers on.
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
It might need to be programmed for a double pulse unlock. Some BCM connections on Nissans will unlock with one pulse, but after the BCM goes to sleep it will require two, this could be the same with yours. Then again, I don't know if you have double pulse programmed already.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tmrepp 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I could set that up. It's not necessarily when it's sitting for a while. It did it yesterday, nothing out of the normal of what I usually do. Stop car, put in neutral put the e-brake on, turn car off. turn headlights off if they're on, get out of the car..and then lock it with the remote. Went inside to grab my paycheck, came back out and no matter how many times I hit the unlock button, or lock then unlock, etc. it wouldn't work.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic