icon

wiring an alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thedark_master 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have wired about 5 different alarmas before and have never had any problems. This time i bought a really cheap alarm from my friend which is called CNSAC. Some of the wires on the alarm diagram i have no idea where to connect them to. Here is a picture of the wiring diagrams, i labeled each wire with numbers on the alarm wiring diagram and letters on the car wiring diagram so it will be easier.
Ok so here is what i know:
1=k
3=l
8=h
9=r
10 = ground
11 = a
12 = j
13 = j
Here is what i dont know:
Here is what i dont think i need:
4,5,6,7 because that is just to shut off the engine in case of theft correct?
2 because i am using 3 since it is a negative door trigger
wiring an alarm -- posted image.
any help would be greatly appreciated!
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok lets start from the beginning. The numbers that you arent sure of are mentioned at CH#. By looking at that along with the wire colors for each, I am about 80% sure that's for auxilary hookups. The CH# is for "channel number such and such". So for instance you can use one of the channels for a trunk release. If you want to install a window module, you would use one of those channels. Now dealing with your other questions, you are correct about using number 3. If your doors are negative polarity, then you use 3, not 2. Numbers 4-7 are the pins for a starter kill relay. A starter kill relay is not required but adds some protection. For instance, if your vehicle can be hot wired, then you will want to install a starter kill. The starter kill will prevent the car from being started as long as the alarm is armed. Ofcource thats only good as long as the alarm is not cut by a thief. In my case, I dont really need to have a starter kill relay. I say this because in order to start my car, you need the key reguardless. My car uses passlock 2 and the key is needed to start it.
noobie4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ah I forgot to mention numbers 18 and 19. Sorry. Ok those numbers are for your door lock and unlock. You will wire the relay up exactly as soon in the manual. I am not completly sure which color wire is for lock and which is for unlock. BUT with my alarm, I do have the same exact wire colors, so I will "assume" they are the same as yours. In that case, the blue wire is for unlocking and the green is for locking. You can try wiring it up that way but if they are wired backards (arming unlocks the doors and vise versa), just simply switch the wires. But just remember that is alittle more complicated then simply splicing those wires into your factory door wires. For instance, if your car has factory 2 stage door unlocking (meaning 1 push on the keypad unlocks drivers door and 2nd push unlocks all other doors) then you will need wire it up so that doesnt happen. This will ONLY be the case if you have a factory alarm/keyless entry with that feature. If not, then forget that section.
thedark_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
oh ok i see what you are saying, but there is a little issue. They gave me only one relay, but it shows that i need 2 of them. Why would they leave out the second relay if it is needed? I also remember the other alarms that i have installed, i used only 1 relay. Shouldn't i be able to get it to work with what was in the sealed box or do i need to go buy another relay?
Tell me if you need to see any other pictures of the alarm.
thedark_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
also on the car's wiring diagram about the doors lock and unlock, do i just do m and n or do i also have do wire o, p and q?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
3 goes to L on the Honda diagramme. 18 and 19 go directly to M and N.  You won't need a relay. 7  on alarm goes directly to ign if you don't use the relay as an imob. 14-17 Only use if you want to run headlights etc  through a relay. 4 is your ground when armed to run window lifts etc. Can't see the point of 8 unless there was a remote start. 9 goes to red of siren, other side is grounded Door contact should be joined via diodes band away from alarm to trunk and hood, N.B. these are all at the factory alarm position.
noobie4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
I am surprised nobody has gotten confused with all these letters everyone is spitting out.
noobie4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
When you open up the door's, no matter if its the driver side door or a passenger door, does the domelight turn on?
thedark_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
ya the dome light turns on.
thank you so much for the help. so i don't need to do anything with the driver's lock, driver's unlock and passenger unlock?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
They will unlock together, with what I see of your knowledge level don't try anything clever with dual stage unlocking, you would have to use the motor wires at each door entry and one or  two  relays for the unlocking (If I can be bothered to work it out, you probably need one for the drive side motor unlock wire - blue/red and one of your auxilliaries 14 to 17 to the unlock to do the other door/s GREEN/ orange.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic