icon

wiring an alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thedark_master 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
i guess what i am trying to say is i don't need to hook those wires up right? I can just hook up m and n and they will lock and unlock with no problem?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
yes
thedark_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
thank you so much for the info, that is all i needed
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Well why exactly would there be different wires for passenger lock/unlock, driver lock/unlock, and door lock/unlock? To me, that shows that the vehicle has 2 stage door unlocking. With my car, I have wires for driver's door locking/unlocking and then seperate wires for passenger doors locking/unlocking. I do have the 2 stage unlocking but wanted to lose that when I installed the new alarm. I wired up the aftermarket relay for the door's before the factory door relay. I cut the wire for the driver door unlock all together. That way when I wired everything up, 1 single disarm on my remote would unlock all doors.
Just simply wire it up how you said and if it doesnt work correctly, just run them differently. It took me 3 tries until I had my doors working the correct way. Just remember that as long as you have the relays wired correctly, you wont need to worry about frying anything if you do have the wrong vehicle door wires used. It simply wont lock/unlock the door(s).
thedark_master 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
well i have never used relays for the doors when i wired alarms before and everything has worked fine. When i hook it up i'll let you know if it works the way i was going to do it or not.
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
I did not have to use relays for my doors either. There were factory relays but I left those alone. Some alarm brains (like mine) have a built in relay inside the brain. Since your alarm manual shows relays, then I would use them.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
You won't need to use relays for the doorlocks on this install - the green and blue (-) 500mA outputs can be connected directly to the (-) lock/unlock switched wires on your car.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
zigger215 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
maybe the install is done already but it looked like what i call a candy bar auto start. like you were saying they are cheap and i wouldn't recommend hooking up the starter kill. the chances of this auto start failing are to high and when it fails you are stranded wherever you park it.
"so should that little computer under the dash smell burnt? I DIDN"T DO IT!"
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
Also the person who designed that diagram is a moron regardless of the chinglish, in regards to the starter kill relay. Reasons:
1. You should never interrupt an ignition circuit with a relay, always a starter.
2. 87 and 87a are never connected, so the car will never start/run.
If that orange wire is ground-when-armed (99% certainty that it will be) you'd connect the wires to 87a and 30 on a standard SPDT relay.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
BLACK / YELLOW at ign to 86, orange from alarm to 85, black white at ign, cut and join 1 side to 87a, join other side to 30. This will cut the STARTER if hotwire is attempted when alarm is on.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic