icon

what to do with 15 cubes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cronicjohnson 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
would the Maelstrom-X beat the pioneer premier Pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Straight up... In a proper enclosure (both of them) with decent power (both of them) the Exodus will spank the Pioneers. Designed as an SQ woofer, the Maelstrom is VERY happy making enough output for even the most hardened of SPL junkies.
Seriously, dude... It's a REALLY good woofer.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Beat them in what way?  Pure SPL?  It all depends on the enclosure design but sure, the Maelstrom has four times the Vas and more than twice the Xmax of the Pioneer so they should get louder with the same power input.  A pair of Maelstroms would absolutely PWN them in terms of SQ and being a listenable system, guaranteed.
Support the12volt.com
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

cronicjohnson wrote:
well i dont know about exodus audio ive never heard them or about them before. any of you have any experience with them

I experienced Cloverfield last night with one of their Tempest-X subs (the 15" version) in a sealed enclosure.  It rattled the room so much I had to turn it down, and it blended flawlessly with the other speakers (again some more of their designs)  without being too intrusive sounding or boomy.  You won't regret purchasing that sub.

cronicjohnson 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
so if i was to get the Maelstrom i would expect alot of spl?
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
Dude... What have three people (myself included), with a total of almost 13000 posts, told you?
Power them right, (and I don't mean with Audiobohm and Power Craptastik) with a proper 500 to 1000 watts each, and they'll rattle the fillings from your teeth.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
cronicjohnson 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

isnt it a home audio sub tho would it still perfomr well in a car? and what size box does i need?

haemphyst 
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
There is no such thing as a "home audio" speaker or a "car audio" speaker. A speaker's function is to convert electrical energy into acoustical energy and heat. That's what they do. Nothing more, nothing less.
With that out of the way, you said you had 15 cubic feet, and wanted to put 2 drivers into it. We have spent three pages telling you that this was the driver for you, and NOW you come back and ask how much space it needs, or whether it will perform well in a car.
I'm answering this for the last time: Yes, conditionally. That condition is that you power them correctly. Get the drivers, drop 'em into your box, and go beat your head to a pulp with 'em. (And sound good, while doing it.)
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with what haemphyst said.  cronicjohnson, you asked for advice on using a 15 cuft enclosure,  We gave you that advice.  Now it sounds like you don't have an enclosure.  So what are you trying to accomplish? 
Support the12volt.com
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

You have 3 extremely Knowledgeable people trying to help you. listen to them. it was the smartest thing I've ever done.

...don't crush the weasel...
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic