icon

clutch bypass for remote start, '05 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nagsr95 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote start in my 2005 EX, it's a manual. There are 2 pins activated by the clutch pedal arm. The lower one is a gray plug with 2 wires, black and gray. The upper one is a yellow plug with 2 wires, a black and a gray. The lower gray plug pin lets the car know when the clutch is pushed in a little bit, the upper yellow plug pin lets the car know when the clutch is fully depressed. I was prepared to do a relay setup, so I cut the gray wire in the gray plug, so the car thinks the clutch is pushed in a little bit all the time at the moment, but it seems the car won't start (with a key or the remote starter) unless the upper pin is activated also.
Now, Car Electronics 101 tells us that yellow plugs = airbag system, and they should be avoided at all costs. So I'm afraid of messing with that upper yellow plug. Is it part of the airbag system? How will I do this clutch bypass if i can't tough that plug?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
The plug you touched effects cruise control....touch the clutch a little bit....cruise gets cancelled.
The other plug allows the car to start. The clutch must be in all the way to allow the car to start.
Cutting the wires will not help.
What remote start are you using?
nagsr95 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info about the lower pin being CC, I'll butt that back together.

But is that top pin involved with the airbag system?, it's a yellow plug is why I ask.

JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
No, it is the clutch interlock plug, prevents the car from being started.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Cutting the wires will not help.
What remote start are you using?

This is kinda what I was a wonderin as well.

nagsr95 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
It's an Avital 4400, an alarm/remote start combo piece.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
What is your plan to prevent the car from remote starting in gear?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 03, 2008 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

Uh oh.... he we go!clutch bypass for remote start, '05 civic -- posted image.

nagsr95, re-read the forum rules. You don't want to be asking for help bypassing a clutch

for a unit NOT intended for a manual trans.

Any post containing any information that may be considered a violation of law or lead to an unlawful act in the United States of America such as injuring or killing someone or aiding in theft may be deleted and your membership may be suspended without notice. This includes bypassing head unit lockout codes, video bypass procedures, automatic transmission remote start units in manual transmission vehicles, etc.

nagsr95 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2008 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

Really sorry guys, didn't mean to break any rules.

The starter is set up so that it won't start unless the e-brake is pulled. I've had a starter in my other car, a manual 1995 Integra, for 7 years and never had an incident. It's set up the same way in there. I park my car in neutral, it's a habit, I personally never leave it in gear. But I understand the rule, and it won't happen again, I won't ask any more question's on it.

KarTuneMan 
Posted: June 03, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
nagsr95 wrote:

Really sorry guys, didn't mean to break any rules.

The starter is set up so that it won't start unless the e-brake is pulled. I've had a starter in my other car, a manual 1995 Integra, for 7 years and never had an incident. It's set up the same way in there. I park my car in neutral, it's a habit, I personally never leave it in gear. But I understand the rule, and it won't happen again, I won't ask any more question's on it.

This has to be about the COOLEST, most polite responses to this "round and round" issue, I have ever seen.

nagsr95...... your all right man. You should see some of the responces that have been posted in the past.....

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic