icon

door lock problem, 96 honda accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trukid21 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 96 accord ex and i installed a autopage 220 alarm on my car but my power door locks would not work right.once all the wires are hooked up and i unlock the door with the remote fob,the door unlocks then locks again.check the diagram given with the alarm and the wiring diagram for the car thru a website but all is wired right but it still does it.i even tried unlocking it without using the remote and the result is the same.so i disconnected everything and wired it back just like i never touched the door looks and tried it but it still unlock then locks.so i thought i messed up the power door lock relay box.I called it quit that day and put my drivers door panel,dashboard,etc, back and felt mad thinking i ruined my relay box. but,once i have everything put together my door locks work! i can unlock/lock my doors from the door switch with no problem. so why did that happen.i'm confuse!! and also the driver door and passenger front door was open too.someone told me that if my drivers door was open while i was testing it the door locks then unlocks due to safety feature. but this was opposite. can you guys help me with this? thank you.
trukid21 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone help me please...
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Close the door.
trukid21 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
thanks man,but are you serious about that or just playing, i know it was weird that it did what it did, but i thought about that too.it just did not make any sense though. anything else?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
I was serious as I could be. 
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

i know that if you have the drivers door open while trying to lock the doors....it will unlock them. Never heard of the problem you are having though trukid 21. Since it is working now, i would say that it was being caused by the alarm...possibly a pinched wire. I would get everything put back in without hooking up your doorlocks. Test the lock and unlock outputs of the alarm with a dmm.....which i'm assuming you used to test all your wires in the vehicle.

jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
keep us posted to see if that what it was
trukid21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies,sorry i have not done anything with my door locks yet cuz i went on vacation with my family but i'm back and will work on them again right away.i'll definitely post to let you guys know what we find.thanks again.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  

its not messed up nor is it your fault. Honda designed their door lock systems to prevent locking when the door is open just incase you left the keys in the ignition. Try this:

Pull the door handle and push unlock on your remote. The doors will should lock because in the door panel, where the latch is in the door, there is a notch that enables you to lock the doors. Remember this only occurs when you unlocked the doors from the outside when the key. The key cylinder turns a piece to prevent locking since it thinks you used a key and wants to make sure you didnt leave it. To prepare it for alarm use:

1)pull door handle and push the lock button ON THE DOOR PANEL.

2) close your door, push lock on your alarm system
3) unlock your doors using the REMOTE ONLY !!!  OR if you open with the key make sure you do step 1 again.

trukid21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
well, we worked on my door locks with a buddy of mine and first of all,we hooked everything up the way we had it last time(i forgot to mention my friend was helping me too)as what the diagram shows,and lo and behold! it worked!! and i mean it just work the way it should have the first place. were not really sure why it works now but the only thing we could think of was that, when we tried it before we had everything torn apart,wires here and there,doors open, so...as i mentioned before once we put everything back and shut the doors, the locks work. but today,we did not even close the door after we wired it and tried to lock/unlock it with the remote and with the door switch and it works just fine. confusing as it may, but at least it works now. thank you for everyones help and honestly we were gonna use all the suggestion given but apparently we never had too, but all suggestions are greatly appreciated by us. Thank you again and enjoy the summer!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic