icon

4 component wired with exsisting tweets

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carbophat 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

Okay, I have tried to use the "search" button, but came up with nothing in my situation.

I have a 92 Lexus SC400 and I am replacing all the speakers, except the tweeters in the pillars (only thing that works). I am adding 4'' 2-ways(Apline) to the doors, but I want to run them without a crossover (full range), at the same time using my exsisting tweeters. *Running off of DEH-4900I* no amp.  Would I do this buy just running my wires from the 4'' to the tweeters, or would that drop the load to 2 ohm and hurt the speakers?

megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

you can parrallel them off the 4" and drop the load to 2ohms, which won't hurt the speakers, but your pioneer deck may shut down from time to time.  I haven't tried to run that low of an impedance off a pioneer head-unit that I can remember.

The factory tweet has a cap built onto it, so it has it's own "crossover."

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
The "best" thing to do is to not use the factory tweeters or to replace the speaker system with a proper set of components.  Adding a tweeter to a speaker system with a tweeter (your coaxials that you are installing in the door) generally leads to ass-like sound quality.
Support the12volt.com
ayalahomero 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
The "best" thing to do is to not use the factory tweeters or to replace the speaker system with a proper set of components.  Adding a tweeter to a speaker system with a tweeter (your coaxials that you are installing in the door) generally leads to ass-like sound quality.

lol ... My bad but i found that funny.  I like how u spoke properly and then out of no where came out with "ass-like quality"  But yes very true do away with the factory tweeter and use the one built in the coaxials

homero ayala
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

ayalahomero wrote:
lol ... My bad but i found that funny.  I like how u spoke properly and then out of no where came out with "ass-like quality" 

I am glad someone besides me thought it was funny.  Thanks! 4 component wired with exsisting tweets - Last Post -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
carbophat 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

"ass like" huh? Well I to agree, but 4'' components doesn't seem to be a dime a dozen like 5 1/4 + are...   But Thanks for the help. I hope to find a decent component system soon.

DYohn 
Posted: July 16, 2008 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Again, the point of my recommendation is to NOT use the existing factory tweeters.  If you are adding coaxials into the doors, disconnect the factory tweeters.  If you want a 4" component set, yes these can be difficult to find.  Memphis and MTX used to make a 4" set, but not sure if they still do.  With a little fab work, a standard woofer size can be made to fit into the door.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic