the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

loudest subwoofer set up w/ 500 600 rms?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bumflik 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Its the Alpine Type R, and it has a strong reputation for being indestructible. Although 3 cu.ft may seem too big, with this subwoofer you dont even need to worry about air suspension.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
3 cubic feet is not too big for the Type R 12...with my experience with them they love big boxes. between 2.5 - 3 cubic feet per sub is great
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm saying accorfing to alpines recc. specs. Also is the box sealed vented or ported. I had two of these in a too big sealed box and it sounded muddy. So I guess it depends on the box
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
bumflik 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have never heard of a 12" subwoofer in a 2.5-3 cu.ft enclosure, but yeah..its vented of course. But I need help with the blue prints. I have winisd and bass box pro 6, but I am not sure how to make a port for it.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
I made a box for my friend's 12" Type-R that came out to about 2.5 cu ft after bracing and it was ported to 30Hz and it's one of the best sounding Type-R's I've ever heard. He is only running 300w RMS and everyone asks how many subs he has when they hear it. Although it is a Caddy and they probably have very good dampening from the factory which would help keep the sound in.
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
jettagli03 wrote:
I made a box for my friend's 12" Type-R that came out to about 2.5 cu ft after bracing and it was ported to 30Hz and it's one of the best sounding Type-R's I've ever heard. He is only running 300w RMS and everyone asks how many subs he has when they hear it. Although it is a Caddy and they probably have very good dampening from the factory which would help keep the sound in.
Pics please and what side mdf did you use and is the box double faced
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

bumflik wrote:
I have never heard of a 12" subwoofer in a 2.5-3 cu.ft enclosure, but yeah..its vented of course. But I need help with the blue prints. I have winisd and bass box pro 6, but I am not sure how to make a port for it.

3cuft is not at all unusual.  I have a 12" subwoofer that requires 5 cuft for best performance.  Don't be so quick to dismiss what people say.  As far as "blue prints" programs like WinISD and BassBox are not intended to create cut sheets for you.  You may want to download BoxyCad, a free Excel spreadsheet that will determine your cuts for you if you don't know how to do that.  You'll need Excel or similar to run it.

Support the12volt.com
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine "Spec enclosures" are to make most people happy because normal people dont want a 3 cu ft enclosure for a single 12. Most people want a small box.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Yep that is why is really pays to have a shop that knows what they are doing to build the best box for your sub. If your after the very best a woofer can offer. But like aznboi3644 said not everyone want to give up that much space for a box. I used to look at the trunk when I was looking to buy a car just for that reason. Most subs want to breath!

bumflik 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
agreed. Especially with the xmax that the alpine type R has...its awsome
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic