icon

2003 passat lock/unlock wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dreyfusduke 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I have read 3 articles on the 2003 VW Passat Lock/Unlock wiring and NO ONE has answered the question on how to wire it up yet.  LOL.   Yes....   we know you use the Ro/Gn and the Ro/Bl wires to do the locking and unlocking.   But I have hooked the up to a Clifford remote start system adn I can't get anything out of them.  LOL.  I test the Ro/Bl and it shows a constant 12v.  I can hit lock or unlock on while testing the Ro/Gn wire and it does give a small pulse signal.  I'm lost.  Help.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
First, make sure you've got the correct wires. They should go to 0V when the key is turned in the driver's key cylinder to lock or unlock respectively. Presumably the wires you're connecting to are at the driver's door switch.
If that checks out...which wires from the Clifford have you connected to them?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry CW I'm being anal  but those wires go to the window control unit from the lock and the two I'm thinking of will give you deadlock and total close (ie  close windows and roof if factory).
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Howie I think the wires I mention do that if you hold them long enough. Not like Nissan where they start instantly though.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
First, make sure you've got the correct wires. They should go to 0V when the key is turned in the driver's key cylinder to lock or unlock respectively. Presumably the wires you're connecting to are at the driver's door switch.
If that checks out...which wires from the Clifford have you connected to them?

There are no wires of this color at the switch itself.  I found these wires between the door and the car.  What difference does it make where the key is in the car.  When I lock or unlock my car I got the key in my hand....know what I mean?  lol

The two wires that I have tried connecting from the Clifford are the Power Lock(-), and the Power Unlock (-)

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the wiring for a 2002 Passat.  What does the door trigger do and what coming from the Clifford hooks to it?  The Instructions from the clifford say nothing of a "door trigger".

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - VOLKSWAGEN / PASSAT / 2002 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts red   +  ignition harness
Starter RED / black   +  ignition harness
Second Starter     
Ignition black   +  ignition harness
Second Ignition     
Third Ignition     
Accessory yellow/black   +  ignition harness
Second Accessory     
Keysense     
Power Lock RED / green   -  in driver door
Power Unlock RED / blue   -  in driver door
Notes: Unlock requires a double pulse. First pulse will disarm the alarm and unlock the driver door, second pulse will unlock all the doors.
Lock Motor     
Unlock Motor     
Parking Lights+ GREEN/ red    headlight switch
Parking Lights-     
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger blue/gray   -  23 pin plug, pin 21 @ CCM
Notes: The CCM (Comfort System Central Control Module) is mounted on floorpan in protective box, under the carpet in front of the driver seat.
Dome Supervision comes on with unlock    
Trunk/Hatch Pin BROWN / black   -  23 pin plug, pin 10 @ CCM
Notes: The CCM (Comfort System Central Control Module) is mounted on floorpan in protective box, under the carpet in front of the driver seat.
Hood Pin BROWN / red   -  15 pin plug, pin 5 @ CCM
Trunk/Hatch Release brn/gry or brn/grn   -  23 pin plug, pin 2 @ CCM
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock    
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock    
Disarm No Unlock     
Tachometer     ignition coil or coil pack
Notes: For tach go to one of the ignition coils or coil pack and use a wire that is NOT RED / green or BROWN / yellow.
Wait to start     
Brake Wire RED / black   +  brake pedal switch
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger blk/yel (alarm horn)   +  15 pin plug, pin 11 @ CCM
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
2003 passat lock/unlock wiring -- posted image.
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: TransponderPart #: 556U, 555B or 555U
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Realy the answer to your question if you have to ask it is boy are you going to have expensive fun if you do this yourself!  Door trigger is what happens when you arm the alarm, someone opens a door and it TRIGGERS the alarm. Green on Clifford, hood switch is grey and trunk switch is blue.  Lock is green or green /black and unlock is blue or blue/ black depending on your alarm model, can't tell you any more tell you tell us what it is
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

My remote start is a Clifford Model RS1.1L.   It is just the remote start with no alarm.  I just wanted a remote start with the door lock/unlock/trunk feature.  Everything works but the lock/unlock.  The only thing to do on a VW to turn the alarm off before starting is to unlock the door. 

Here is what the Clifford says.......    Green(-) Lock   (+) Unlock

Blue (-) Lock (+) Unlock

hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
use your factory disarm wire to prevent the alarm from going off while remote starting without having to unlock the doors. Did you meter the wires you connected to before connecting them? do they test for ground when you insert your key in the driver's door key cylinder and turn it to lock or unlock? factory disarm could also be labled as FAD on the manual. The key in the cylinder is for testing purposes, if they test correctly with the key, when you connect the alarm wires it'll do what you need. Usually the wires will not test correctly if you use the door lock/unlock switch or the keyless entry buttons, hence the key in cylinder method.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
HUH?  I don't have an alarm.  Just a remote start.  The factory alarm is disarmed with a simple unlock of the door, and armed by locking it.  I know this.  I just simply need to know how to hook the lock/unlock wires to the CAR.    I  need wire color and locations.  All I have is Green and Blue comming from the clifford system as show about.  Where do THEY go?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic