icon

2003 passat lock/unlock wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dreyfusduke 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=hurleyloser]use your factory disarm wire to prevent the alarm from going off while remote starting without having to unlock the doors. QUOTE]

My remote start has this wire..........where would it connect too? 

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

also, if i use a "idatalink"....  I find this interesting on their site for a VW.  The data cable connect to my remote start without any other wires, but this is the only wires that connect to the car.  It shows two wires connect to the door kick panel, but I don't recognise what they mean.  See this part for yourself.    The wire color don't match what directwire says though.  Whast does CANH and CANL mean?

2003 passat lock/unlock wiring - Page 2 -- posted image.

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
i'm guessing that the door speakers? 
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
You lose.  CAN stands for Convergent Area Network and is a multiplexing system, ie a twisted pair of wires talking via data to different components in the car via data similar in principle to a LAN. Again if you  have to ask these questions youy shouldn't be doing this, also two things, the directwire sheet is correct, use it and I ALREADY TOLD YOU THE ALARM LOCK and UNLOCK COLOURS. You are obviously not acting on what we tell you.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
CAN is really just short for CAN not be guessing
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, Howie, I understand, but you told me the colors of the wires on the Remote Start on the clifford.  I already know them because they are green and blue because I am holding them on in my hand2003 passat lock/unlock wiring - Page 2 -- posted image..  Once again I am not asking for any color of any wire on the clifford unit.  I simply need to know where to hook these wires up at and what color on the VW.  No one has told me the wires that I need to hook to as of yet. 

Power Lock RED / green   -  in driver door
Power Unlock RED / blue   -  in driver door
Notes: Unlock requires a double pulse. First pulse will disarm the alarm and unlock the driver door, second pulse will unlock all the doors.

As listed by directwire, I hooked to these color wires in the door jam itself and they don't work at all.  Is there another set of these wires located IN the actual door?   I pulled the switch part out very easy and these colors are not there at all.  Do I need to further disassemble the door and find another set of RED / Green and RED / Blue to hook my Clifford's Blue and Green too?

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Door Trigger blue/gray   -  23 pin plug, pin 21 @ CCM

What from the clifford remote start hooks to this "door trigger"?

Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock    
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock    

I have a "Factory alarm disarm" supplied from the clifford......but as you can see above.......   nothing.  blah. 

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think the door trigger is neccessary if your Clifford unit is only a remote start.  A door trigger is only used on an alarm system.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

If you're not finding the color wires that they listed, test the other wires in the driver door harness.  DO NOT test the lock/unlock wires by simply pushing the button, you will get nothing, as you are currently getting.  MAKE SURE that you are testing wires with the Key in the DRIVER door cylinder and turn the key to lock.....test the wires....then turn it to unlock...and test it again.  Keep testing those wires until you find the wires that DROP to 0 volts when you turn the key in the cylinder both ways. 

You are getting help from some really knowledgable people who know that they are doing, and it sounds like you are not heeding their advice.  Even though the wires that directwire listed are not the same color, they ARE still in there.  All you have to do is test....and test some more...and if you can't find it test some more.  you will find it if you keep looking.  Do Not get discouraged as that will only hinder your ability to get it working. 

As far as what wire to hook to the door trigger, you said yourself that you are not installing an alarm, so there should not be a door trigger wire from the clifford unit.  If there is, it would be a green wire, and it'll be listed as ( - ) door trigger.   

good luck

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
joch1314 wrote:

If you're not finding the color wires that they listed, test the other wires in the driver door harness.  DO NOT test the lock/unlock wires by simply pushing the button, you will get nothing, as you are currently getting.  MAKE SURE that you are testing wires with the Key in the DRIVER door cylinder and turn the key to lock.....test the wires....then turn it to unlock...and test it again.  Keep testing those wires until you find the wires that DROP to 0 volts when you turn the key in the cylinder both ways. 

Awesome!  Thank you.  This is some very good clues!  I bet I can find these wires at the door cylinder switch instead of the push button switch.  As far as testing the wires......YES, it is a real pain.  I have yet to successfully get the door cover off.  Partly because I don't wanna break any clips or scratch anything. 

To futher clarify.......  lets say I test the wires at the lock and find one that DROPS to 0v when I turn the cylinder to LOCK.  This is where I hook the LOCK on the clifford.  In turn, I find the one thet drops to 0v for the unlock and hook the UNLOCK to to this one. 

Sorry to everyone that is trying to help.  I am just frustrated with all the testing, testing, testing and nothing.  Also, I called the Cliffort people to see if they would help and they really wized me off.  They won't even tell you the simplist thing unless you pay to be a dealer for them.  I just wanted to know about the door trigger with no alarm.  They could have just simply said don't use it.

Did I mention I hate vacuum lock setups? lol

Once again, thanks to all.  I will try this again tomorrow during daylight hours.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic