2003 passat lock/unlock wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dreyfusduke 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
OK I've had a bad day but you don't seem to be listening, diodes are 1N4001, I prefer 4004 because it has a higher voltage rating, bands towards alarm.

Awesome, Howie!  I heard the 4004 was better also. And thanks for the band info so I don't have to ask.  LOL

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
megaman wrote:

Okay so now I get the dunce cap for the moment.  I mixed up the models for the RS you're installing.

For ignition controlled locks you'll need to change Feature 1-3 and 1-4 to turn off the ignition controlled locks.

For your parking light output, it's Feature 2-4.  This will create a constant parking output.

You'll need to read pages 1-44.  Or to skip to the programming pages, read pages 30 - 32.

We must not be looking at the same book at all.  My clifford came with a 14 page instruction book that had nothing on the programming.2003 passat lock/unlock wiring - Page 5 -- posted image.  Do I have to have a special tool to plug in and program, or does it use the valet button and fob?  I would like to see this book your looking at.  I will see if I can get .PDF from their site.

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind, Megaman.  I am just going to take your advice and take this autolock stuff out just to be safe.  Won't take a second and can only save me money in the long run.  Just need to know how to do these features without the same book you have.2003 passat lock/unlock wiring - Page 5 -- posted image. Clifford mustards didn't give me this info.  Just basic (very basic) wire info.  BOOOOO!
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
dreyfusduke wrote:

Does this matter if I did not use a valet key in the imobizer bybass box?  I took a blank key to the dealer (valet shape) and had it cut as a regular key to do all the options (door, trunk, glove, gas cap, etc)   I noticed the car does not auto lock with this one in it.   Am I still safe?

What matters is that the key you put in the bypass box is able to start the car. You don't specifically state that here, but if you got a non-transponder plastic headed key or an all metal key for those purposes, it's not going to do any good.
On the same note, your bypass will probably need hardwired into the antenna wires from the key cylinder.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
On the same note, your bypass will probably need hardwired into the antenna wires from the key cylinder.

I already have all that done and the car starts just fine.  Thanks for the added info.  My 556uw instructions listed how to use the factory 2 wire trasponder ring instead of using their supplied antenna ring.  It works very well and the VW key fits neatly in the box.

megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

When you buy a Clifford RS or alarm or whatever, you should have gotten two booklets.  One is your user manual, the other is the installation manual.  If you didn't get them, then you either bought it at a flea market, or someone ripped you. 

dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
It was new from their website.  Sealed in box.  I will just download the .PDF they have.  They goofed and didn't put it in the box.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
So the people who try to shut down Internet dealers selling their product  in the UK sell on the Internet to members of the public in the US. Really?
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
i doubt that, I don't see any buy option on the Clifford web site, only thing I see is store locater, which is an actual zipcode based search.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
No, click on any direct dealer and they will sell you a system.  You can also get them new in the box off Ebay shipped from UK for $99.  They cost almost twice that to by at an actual installer.  Cheapest I was asked to install my system in a VW was $250. 
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic