2003 passat lock/unlock wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dreyfusduke 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
megaman wrote:

Do yourself a favor and take the door panel off.  take it off.  (one more time) take the door panel off!  Trying to work on a car without the proper panels removed is like trying to rebuild the engine through the tailpipe.

The wires you are looking for are not, NOT, at the window/lock switch panel.  As stated above they are connected to the door lock module inside the door which cannot be accessed by simply removing the window/lock switch panel.

The parking lights will flash when it's remote started unless you program it for constant, Feature 4.  Also do yourself a favor and turn off the ignition controlled locks, Feature 17 and 18. 

The factory alarm will be accompanied by the horn honking.  If the horn doesn't honk, then the alarm hasn't been set off.

As far as the factory alarm goes, if the idatalink doesn't already turn off the factory alarm, then you'll have to connect the Alarm-Disarm wire from the Clifford to the Unlock of the car, and diode isolate.

Keep up the trial and error and you'll get it.  Remember, all of us here started out the same way.

LOL, Yeah, Howie gets a little upset don't he?  2003 passat lock/unlock wiring - Page 4 -- posted image.  Don't get your panties in a wad over this man.  I am just making double,  even triple, sure before I hook stuff up on a vacuum system that I am not familiar with.

Great info Megaman!  These features you talk about are mentioned ,ONLY MENTIONED ,in my Clifford Manual.  They say nothing on how to program these features and no instructions on actually how to do so whatsoever.  Not my fault this time.... just no instructions.  Do I need the special programming tool to do this or is it done with the Remote? Not sure what you mean about the ignition controlled locks (feature 17 and 18) and what benifit I have by changing this feature.  This isn't mentioned in the manual in any way. 

I am not using a idatalink so I will just have to hook up the disarm wire up to the unlock as well.  I will hook up the re-arm so it will lock back after starting too.    What type of diode should I use (radio shack is where I will get it) and I suppose I should place one on the re-arm as well?

Also, as far as the VW factory alarm.....  I really don't see a purpose.  I am not deactivating it now and the car starts just fine.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
Of course we can Megaman, its an illness that amateurs suffer from, they storm in f***k their cars and don't  RTFM.
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE]=dreyfusduke

I am not using a idatalink so I will just have to hook up the disarm wire up to the unlock as well.  I will hook up the re-arm so it will lock back after starting too.    What type of diode should I use (radio shack is where I will get it) and I suppose I should place one on the re-arm as well?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, the only reason I want to use the factory arm/disarm to do the locks when starting is just in case I don't have the doors locked when I start it and when the Clifford re-arms the system, the doors lock.  A running car with no one in it isn't a good idea around here.  Especially if the hazards are flashing to draw even more added attention.

megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

Ignition controlled locks are your door locks controlled by your ignition.  So, when you turn your key in the ignition, the doors lock.  When you turn your car off with the key, they unlock.  Here's the scenario most of my customers fall under:

Get in the car but leave the door open.

Start the car with the key, and forget something in the house.

Get out, and close the door

THUNK!!!! doors lock.

Now they're locked out of their car.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
The reason I get uptight with morons is you haven't listened to anyone! If you bothered to check you'd find its NOT A VACUUM LOCK!!!!" 
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
megaman wrote:

Ignition controlled locks are your door locks controlled by your ignition.  So, when you turn your key in the ignition, the doors lock.  When you turn your car off with the key, they unlock.  Here's the scenario most of my customers fall under:

Get in the car but leave the door open.

Start the car with the key, and forget something in the house.

Get out, and close the door

THUNK!!!! doors lock.

Now they're locked out of their car.

LOL, Howie, I just made the vacuum lock comment to get you riled up, son.  Check your bloodpressure and learn to take a joke.  Just getting lots of info and double checking before proceeding.  If you don't wanna contribute then you don't have to read this thread ya know.  Nothing wrong with double checking stuff.  Just like this diode idea I am asking about.   Its not in any manual that I have........ so I ask someone who has done it before or knows more about it.  They are nice enough to explain it and contribute information.

Thanks again, Megaman. Ah, I know what ya mean.  My doors lock after I pull the car into Drive, so I think its safe to agree I am safe on that one. Right? Also, with the key in the ignition and the door open, the doors won't lock if the lock button is accidently pressed on the door either.

Any info on what type of diode(s) I need to get?  Radio Shack or an automotive place be better to get them?

megaman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so we'll take this Ignition controlled locks one step at a time.  

Open the door and get into the car.  Keep the door open.

Start the car with the key.  Get out of the car and close the door. 

With Ignition controlled locks, which is programmed from the manufacturer on your Valet unit, when you close the door, it will automatically lock the doors.  It has nothing to do with the auto-locks in Drive on the car, or if you do or don't press the lock/unlock on the factory keyfob.  The Valet will automatically lock your doors on you.  So if you don't have a spare key, or key-fob outside the vehicle, you'll be calling AAA to unlock your now running car.

For the diodes, you can get them at your local Rat Shack, (You've got questions? so do we.) 1N4005.  You'll need two of them.

The other trick you can do, is use the Alarm-disarm/Rearm from the Valet to control your locks instead of the blue/green lock outputs.  Then no diodes.

megaman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

Okay so now I get the dunce cap for the moment.  I mixed up the models for the RS you're installing.

For ignition controlled locks you'll need to change Feature 1-3 and 1-4 to turn off the ignition controlled locks.

For your parking light output, it's Feature 2-4.  This will create a constant parking output.

You'll need to read pages 1-44.  Or to skip to the programming pages, read pages 30 - 32.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
OK I've had a bad day but you don't seem to be listening, diodes are 1N4001, I prefer 4004 because it has a higher voltage rating, bands towards alarm.
dreyfusduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
megaman wrote:

Ok so we'll take this Ignition controlled locks one step at a time.  

Open the door and get into the car.  Keep the door open.

Start the car with the key.  Get out of the car and close the door. 

With Ignition controlled locks, which is programmed from the manufacturer on your Valet unit, when you close the door, it will automatically lock the doors.  It has nothing to do with the auto-locks in Drive on the car, or if you do or don't press the lock/unlock on the factory keyfob.  The Valet will automatically lock your doors on you.  So if you don't have a spare key, or key-fob outside the vehicle, you'll be calling AAA to unlock your now running car.

For the diodes, you can get them at your local Rat Shack, (You've got questions? so do we.) 1N4005.  You'll need two of them.

The other trick you can do, is use the Alarm-disarm/Rearm from the Valet to control your locks instead of the blue/green lock outputs.  Then no diodes.

Does this matter if I did not use a valet key in the imobizer bybass box?  I took a blank key to the dealer (valet shape) and had it cut as a regular key to do all the options (door, trunk, glove, gas cap, etc)   I noticed the car does not auto lock with this one in it.   Am I still safe?

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic