icon

06 trailblazer issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brent88 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
So i have an 06 trailblazer. the starter wire is not necissary. the car starts off of a pulse on the acc2 wire. i am putting in a valet 572t(i think). just a basic plane jane DEI remote start. XK01 for the bypass. Have everything hooked up, and the car starts about half of the time. Ran the acc2 off of the acc2 orange wire on the external satellite relay. relay works fine. clicks on and off just like it is supposed to. The car will crank about half of the time. every time it cranks it starts. the other half of the time, the ignition comes on, acc2 drops then comes back on, but the car does not crank. any ideas??? thnx in advance guys.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, something you are telling us is not correct.because an 06 Trailblazer requires a starter wire(yellow) connection along with 2 ignitions(pink and white) and has since it's creation.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Mike,
The '06-up Trailblazer actually will start without the yellow starter wire being energized. I've always hooked it up anyway, but brent is right that it'll crank just by having both accessories drop out.
Brent,
I would test (with a meter or light, not visually), that BOTH the orange and brown accessory wires are turning on when the remote start turns on, and then turning off during crank.
I'm not sure sure that you have to hook up the yellow starter wire or not, but it's there, it's easy, and it sure doesn't hurt anything. If you don't come up with any other ideas, I'd hook it up to be safe.
P.S. The remote starter will also work even if the brown wire isn't powered up as an accessory. Well, it'll work most of the time, but then the car will come back before too long.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
Huh, i stand corrected! :)
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah Mike, those are weird.
If you don't power up the brown wire, what'll happen is as soon as you hit the remote start, as soon as it powers on the ignition (but the brown isn't powered), is it'll crank and start immediately, with no delay at all, even before the remote starter has a chance to trigger the yellow wire.
This appears to work fine in front of the installer, but then after a while the car comes back, with the customer saying the remote start doesn't work all the time.
This is ONLY a guess, but I'm wondering if maybe after sitting for a while, and then when the remote start turns on, the car doesn't have any time for the fuel pump to build fuel pressure.
Again, just a guess, but it seems that if the brown wire is connected, the car doesn't come back anymore.
brent88 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
ok well i will test both of the acc wires. the brown one is easy because it is ran through a relay that i built, so its just click click. I will see exactly what the orange acc is doing, then let you guys know. thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated.
brent88 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
well i ran both accs' off of relays so i could see and hear what they are doing. they both drop out like they are supposed to, but the car still only starts half of the time. really struggling on this one. i just dont understand why they would click off and not engage the starter. well i just talked to another dei tech and he told me to try another tach source. i would think that the vehicle would crank and not start if it is a bad tach signal, but maybe i am wrong.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Does the car have the Yellow starter wire??   You should power it.  I bet your problem will go away.
brent88 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
well it does have the starter wire. it is hooked up. i am going to put 12 volts to it and see what it does.
installmarc 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

chris,

I've probably done 50 or so 2007 & 2008 trailblazers and have never powered up the brown.  I also have never had one come back for starting issues.  A little strange

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic