icon

2008 Suzuki GSXR600 Spy Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
screwloose 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
This thread is bad. I tried opening it and the site cannot be found. Got another link?
Contrary to popular belief, Iraq is NOT a vacation spot. Boy was I fooled into that one.
cal257 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
That one works if you have Microsoft Word. This link should work in HTML http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:Uqh-U6LqdagJ:www.vhf-transmitter.com/product/motor/motor02-y.doc+motor02-y.doc&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us otherwise do a search in google for < color=#003399>motor02-y.doc. Only difference I see is the black that goes to -12 is the brown wire. I am not sure but I think the blue goes to YELLOW /GREEN starter wire on bike, the red goes to red ignition, Brown to Orange, yellows to + leads on tail lights and Black to Ground. Let me know if you think I am right. I am not sure about pink and grey but I can probably ask a local shop.
kilgrinus 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
just installed one on my 04 GSXR 750
didnt use the red, gray and black wires
remote start and alarm works
i need help to figure out how to wire a safety so that the bike turns off if you press the rake without the key in
let me know if i can help out
kilgrinus
kilgrinus 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2008 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
i didn't pink sorry
kilgrinus
screwloose 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2008 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Well I didn't even start the alarm this weekend. The lowering link arrived and I installed that instead (no wiring involved made it easy on me). I spent the weekend riding and tweaking the suspension - the link lowered it about 1.7 inches. I am very pleased with it, not to mention I am flat footed on the ground now. I will attempt this alarm on the next available weekend. Uncle Sam is calling me to work this one.
Contrary to popular belief, Iraq is NOT a vacation spot. Boy was I fooled into that one.
cal257 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got the alarm installed but I could not get the remote start feature to work. I tried hooking it  up but it would not start. I tried holding the clutch in and it still would not start. Any help out there would be appreciated.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I know that some older models had a transponder key.  When you say it does not start, does it turn over but not fire up, or does it not even turn over?   If it turns over but does not fire, try placing the key in the ignition switch.
cal257 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
I had tried it with the key in, on the on position, with clutch pulled in and still no luck. It tries to turn over but it is not starting. Maybe the ignition needs to be grounded before it will work. I am not sure if it has immobilizer it is a 2006 though. Also the remote start won't hurt the ecu does it?
cal257 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
I did look at the manual and it has 2 diagrams. One has immobilizer the other does not. I will trace those wires later and see if there is a immobilizer hooked up. Even if there was one it should have started when I had the key in.
bbroygbvgw 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Gents,
I have been searching all over the web for others with these alarms and came across your thread. I bought a SPY 5000m alarm from ebay and recently installed it on my Honda cruiser. Here is where I put all the wires:
red -> battery
black (actually two blacks, both are ground) -> ground
brown -> to relay that switches ignition on
yellows -> to L/R turn signals
blue -> to external relay that bypasses start switch
I didn't hook up the pink & grey wires as they get switched to ground and I don't want to mess with my ECU getting an unexpected ground.
Anyway, everything works: remote ignition, remote start, etc. For 10 minutes! After hitting the start button twice, the +12v is removed from the brown wire, disabling ignition, exactly 10 minutes later. The signal isn't coming from the remote as I took the battery out of it and had the same results.
Anyone else experience this?
Jim
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic