Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Just looked it over again... I fail. Back to the drawing board
-Duff-
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar at all with that brand of alarm system.  I have no idea what color wire of the alarm performs what function.  Without this info, it is kind of hard for me to be able to tell you if iti is a correct diagram.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
audioguy420 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
if you turn on your ignition after you disarm the alarm it will not auto rearm this is the only way i have found to stop to shut down the auto rearm feature
screwloose 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Back from mother f@#$^% Iraq. Isn't that great? Get home from one deployment and then come home to get a divorce, then deployed back to Iraq again......lovely days boys and girls. Sold the bike, the house, all the doodie I have accumulated but most importantly, I am happy cause the b!tch is gone!!! Whoo hoo!! I can always get another bike :) Enough about that.... I won't be posting until I get a new bike.....again. Good luck on the install of the alarm. later loose
Contrary to popular belief, Iraq is NOT a vacation spot. Boy was I fooled into that one.
vader1 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Guys-
I installed one of those alarms a few weeks ago and I gotta tell you that if you don't ride your bike every day... this alarm will kill your battery every time!!! I have even tried to cut the LED so that it doesn't blink, and it still kills my battery after about three days of not riding it.   But I found that if I ride it daily, this does n ot happen!   So, Be Informed!
***VADER***
2000 BMW E46 5 Speed Sedan
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

vader1 wrote:
Hey Guys-
I installed one of those alarms a few weeks ago and I gotta tell you that if you don't ride your bike every day... this alarm will kill your battery every time!!! I have even tried to cut the LED so that it doesn't blink, and it still kills my battery after about three days of not riding it.   But I found that if I ride it daily, this does n ot happen!   So, Be Informed!

Do you have a starter kill relay that may be engaged when the alarm is armed? 

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
vader1 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

vader1 wrote:
Hey Guys-

Do you have a starter kill relay that may be engaged when the alarm is armed? 

***VADER***
2000 BMW E46 5 Speed Sedan
duff8402 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
My battery has been draining as well. Didn't even consider it could be the alarm doing it. I'll unplug it and see if I get any change
-Duff-
racingtoys 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2009 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
I just got this alarm in the mail and the wiring diagram sucks ***.
The way it should be written to compare it to a normal car alarm:
Red = constant +12v
Brown = switched +12v or key on (you must connect this wire since it is needed to prevent the spy 5000m from re-arming, there is no option to disable this via any valet switch like a normal car alarm).
Pink wire and gray wire = outputs ground when bike is armed and someone trys to start bike (aka when armed and brown wire sees +12v). The diagram shows this as some form of starter kill relay but it will blow the fuse to whatever +12v wire you interrupt since when the on board relay activates it takes both wires to ground.
If you want to use the starter kill feature use either the pink or gray wire to switch ground to a relay (i know not the best way, or you could open up the brain and figure out how to remove the ground from that on board relay contact or create a logic circuit).
The rest of the wires are correct in the diagram.
Oh and in case you didn't know the transmitter program button you need to remove the rubber plug to push the real button.
I must say the best part of the alarm may be the very nice box it comes in...hahaha
Thats all I can think off the top of my head thats wrong with the alarm.
If anyone has any questions or if i posted something wrong let me know.
rc36 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2009 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all........

I have the same alarm that I have been trying to get working right... Was about to give up untill I found this site and spend the last few hours reading and looking....

Racingtoys, what you said about the fues blowing is the very thing that has been happening on my bike!!!  Being very new to all this, I'm not sure how you mean by "pink or gray wire to switch ground to a relay".  Does the pink go onto 85 and gray to 86 on the relay?  And the line that they cut into go onto 30 then 87 or 87a? 

Still also have to just work out there to drop a relay onto the neutral switch line and then back into the spy box.

Any help would be good thanks.....

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic