the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 cadillac srx rwd and avital 4000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mthake 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2008 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have purchased an 05 Cadillac SRX and have a Avital 4000 and XK01 bypass sitting on the shelf that I'd like to install. I have searched but there is not information on these particular models. I am also needing a wiring description for the SRX if anyone could help with that also. Thanks for any help that you could provide.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
I believe the Avital 4000 is the same as the Valet 561R, which manual is available for download on this site. Check the manual out and if the wire pinouts are the same you should be allright.
The XK01's manual is available from Bypasskit. Do you have any means of checking the firmware on your module? If not it may be worth your while to consider a different bypass.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
mthake 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply. It does have the amdl firmware which is perfect for my SRX. I did have the install manual for the 4000 so I'm good on that too.
All I need now is a wiring schematic for the 05 SRX, any help would be appreciated.
thanks
mthake 
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Please, does anyone have the wiring config for this vehicle2005 cadillac srx rwd and avital 4000 -- posted image.
mthake 
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I found the information for a 04 srx, is this the same? Also, I am half way thru the install and all is going great, except for the ignition wire and the accessory wires, I am unable to determine which ones they are. there are multiple pink and orange wires in column harness. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
mthake 
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
boy, there's nothing like talking to yourself. Not sure why no one wants to help, sorry if i wized off someone, but I'm unaware. Well, anyway, I'm going to ask another question for the heck of it. My xko1 has the light staying solid after hooked up. If i reset it, it will stay solid for about 15 seconds, then flash once, then solid again. Is this thing busted or what do you think??
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure what's up with others...I don't have access to Directwire, Audiovox, or anything that's easy cut and paste. Here's Bulldog's info, take it with a grain of salt please.
MODEL       YEAR(S)
SRX       2004 -2008
PART       COLOR       LOCATION
12 VOLT CONSTANT       Connect to BATTERY ONLY      
STARTER       YELLOW (+)       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER 2       N/A      
IGNITION 1       PINK (+)       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2       N/A      
IGNITION 3       N/A      
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1       ORANGE (+)       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2       BROWN (+)       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
KEYSENSE       N/A      
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )       BROWN / WHITE (-)       @ DIM, BROWN Plug, Pin B3, See NOTE *1
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )       DO NOT USE!      
POWER LOCK       ORANGE / BLACK (TYPE B)       @ LOCK SWITCH in DRIVERS DOOR
POWER UNLOCK       RED / BLACK or ORANGE / BLACK (TYPE B)       @ LOCK SWITCH in DRIVERS DOOR
DOOR TRIGGER       USE DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION WIRE      
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION       GRAY (-) , Requires #775 Relay       @ UNDER DASH LIGHT or RIM Module, BROWN Plug, Pin B10, See NOTE *3
TRUNK RELEASE       N/A      
SLIDING POWER DOOR       N/A      
HORN       TAN (-)       @ DIM, GRAY Plug, Pin A6, See NOTE *1
TACH       WHITE       @ ECM, See NOTE *2
WAIT TO START LIGHT       N/A      
BRAKE       WHITE (+)       IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS to REAR of VEHICLE
FACTORY ALARM DISARM       LIGHT GREEN (-)       IN DRIVERS DOOR MODULE in DOOR
ANTI-THEFT       GM's PASSKEY 3 (PK3 on Steel Shaft of Ignition Key) TRANSPONDER SYSTEM       TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
EXTRA INFORMATION
NOTE *1 the DIM Module is located under the GLOVE BOX. NOTE *2 the ECM is located on the PASSENGER SIDE of the engine, under the cover on the 3.6L engine and on the 4.6L engine it is on the LEFT FRAME rail below the Drivers side headlight. NOTE *3 the RIM Module is located in the RIGHT REAR QUARTER PANEL.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
As far as the XK01 I'm not sure how you're resetting it? The instructions on their site don't say how.
For the wires in the harness, it's really simple - test using a digital multimeter. There's no other safe or useful way to do it.
mthake 
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chris, I really appreciate your help. I had a rough day yesterday, this is probably one of the toughest installs i've ever done. I have gotten the remote start all hooked up, but cannot test, due to the XK01 being messed up. I have tried to reset the xk01 by holding the button and inserting the harness, as it was explained here.
I'd also like to add a couple things that may help someone in the future on this vehicle. You need to use the brown accessory#2 wire for the HVAC. When testing for the brake wire, make sure the vehicle is in the run position, they need power to come on. The brown parking light wire can be accessed in the ignition harness.2005 cadillac srx rwd and avital 4000 -- posted image.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
The instructions for AMDL don't really mention a reset procedure as far as I noticed...I know most of the XK immobilizer bypasses are reset that way. Not absolutely sure with yours. Do you have access to an XKloader to try reflashing the firmware?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic