icon

1997 subaru legacy central locking issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Blagging specifically means a robbery also to "pull something off" did you notice how I managed to insult Australians, New Zealanders, Japanese and the Italians all in one short post!  I make Kar Tune Man sound like a Liberal! Wait until I do sheep jokes and manage to involve the Welsh. They are never going to print ths.
chizzy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for all your help guys, finally i've found a forum thats actuallt ALIVE! haha. anyway,

chriswallace187 wrote:
Bullet Tooth Tony: A bookie's got blagged last night.
    Avi: Blagged? Tony, speak English. I thought this country spawned the f***ing language, and so far nobody seems to speak it.
Anyway, here's the diagram you'd use for single wire locking, however I'm still inclined to think that you need an actuator. U.S. spec Legacys of that year and earlier did not have one in the driver's door.
If your passenger door actuator will lock and unlock all the doors then an actuator is unnecessary - also if that wire you mentioned before was actuating all doors including the driver's door, the same applies.

cheers for that , my tech guy over here ended up getting back to me with this same diagram so hopefully all goes to plan. in regards to a door lock actuator, im pretty sure i won't need one as it's got keyless entry. i'm just off to start the install now so will be back in a few hours to tell all how it went.

wish me luck, im going in.   :P

nz represent
chizzy 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

actually before i go, because this is going to be a demo vehicle for customers, does anyone have any ideas on crazy addons that i can put on the alarm to show what can be done besides just the normal old siren?

eg, i was thinking about hooking up a smoke machine and strobe light underneath the car to draw even more attention when it goes off.

now try and tell me you wouldnt just keep walking if you saw that...

nz represent
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
No but since you're a New Zealander I'd probably give you some sheep shagging jokes, oh boy are they going to throw me off this forum.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Well on the positive side chizzy you a. pretty well know what you're doing on this car b. can take a joke.
If you have keyless I'll say too that you don't need an actuator...I've as mentioned been going by my experience with U.S. spec Subies.
Also Howie...that's an impressive display of ethnic insensitivity. Have you heard the one about how copper wire was invented?
I'm assuming the Welsh get the same stereotypes that West Virginians do here, i.e. they marry their sisters, engage in bestiality, etc.
Additionally you may be interested to know that U.S. Subaru owners (with the slight exception of the WRX/STI) are either hippies who've learned how to bathe regularly or those who live "alternative lifestyles". How is it in the rest of the world?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
chizzy 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
haha crack up. well to be honest, i'm originally from aussie so wen someone tells a kiwi joke i say, i dont care, i'm aussie and vice versa. best of both worlds :) well i guess there are some hippies and people who live as you say an "alternative lifestyle" but no, subarus are soooooo common over here mostly owned by boyracers and people with enough money to fix the damn things. also you've probably heard of a NZ town called Queenstown....Adventure capital of the world. but if you go there, no joke every second car is a subaru legacy/liberty. perfect for the alpine regions you see.
.....Anywho....
install went pretty well, didnt need a door motor and all is working well. unfortunately to set up the GPS tracking online, you need to pay the $60 annual fee upfront and guess what?.. i've only got $11 in my bank account at the moment so will have to wait till tomorrow to do that part haha.
really appreciate the help from all of you
cheers
nz represent
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

Glad you got it sorted, Chris email me about the copper wire, yes I've seen Deliverance even if it was Louisiana (damn now I've insulted I'm an Idiot), our West Virginia is called Norfolk, cleft palates etc etc. Thank God (that's great coming from me) I'm not PC and there are others like me and also people like Chizzy who can take these jokes in such good grace.

My sister had a Subie, naturally it never went wrong but it was between an Isuzu Trooper and her current BMW 120

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic