icon

1996 mitsubishi eclipse spl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I am new here and I need some help with my setup, I have 2 12" Audiobahn AW1200Q subs that are 700 watt RMS each and 1400 watt MAX I have a Phase Linear uv8 deck and a Lanzar MXA 282 4000Watt Max Amp. I have the subs in a ported box from Circuit city and I want to use the setup for strictly SPL and a little looks. I want to know if anyone can help me with this because I want to be able to slam them real hard, right now I am hitting a 140.xx in SPL but I want to be louder. Can someone help me with a box and specs and everything, I want to be able to crush 2 12" L5s with ease. Please Help!!! Thanks a bunch everyone in advance.
bp
basketthis69 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't see mention of an extra battery or upgraded alternator or your positive lead wiring. That would include the wire between your alternator, all grounds, and the wire between your battery/spare battery and the amp/s. You should already have 0 gauge wire in there if you're going for pure loudness... That's where you should start. I would upgrade the main battery too.
Installer for life.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2008 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention that stuff, well I have a 800 farad batcap, a stinger battery, 0 gauge wiring all around, tsunami rca's, a duralast battery, its new only replaced about 3 months ago. I am going to do the big three when i get some free time, right now I am too busy working. and that's about all. I'm fine with all the wiring stuff, its just like the box specs for the subs and the air space in the car that I need to match up for the best SPL, but im 19 and living on my own, no help from "mommy and daddy" so I cant really test out too much because i don't have the cash, unless its a definite SPL MONSTER!! Thanks.
bp
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Wow... you went all out and spent on the GOOD stuff, didn't you?
Dude. If you are REALLY getting 140dB from two Audioburn subs on a shiny turd Lanzar 500WRMS (that is not a typo... I mean 500 watts, RMS, if you're LUCKY) amplifier, be happy. I can't think you are going to make MUCH more with that setup than you are already getting. 4kW... Shyah! Right! With a lightning bolt running straight into is nethers!
The L5 IS the SPL choice of today... They are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive and capable than the Q (but really... what ISN'T?), and if you REALLY want SPL, you have to have genuine power. I appreciate you are 19, and on your own... You are doing pretty good with flea market stuff already. "Crushing a pair of L5's" is not going to happen in this price range. Sorry, dude.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
I am hitting a 140.xx i wouldn't like about it but the l5s are one 1db louder than mine. and the amp it definitely a lot more the 500 watts rms, because it hits my subs beyond belief and ive hooked up the kicker 1000.1 and it doesn't hit anywhere near what the lanzar does, actually it was the 1200.1 and if you know any flea market that sells this stuff, let me know because I would buy it, oh and with this setup, ive smoked l5s before just not this one setup with the guy im in a club with, hes got a custom box made for his truck and an spl box, so both of us have smoked jls in pairs the w7s w3s w1s all of em. kickers, audiobahn, polk, pioneer, re, and others, im not trying to brag or anything either, that's why I am here looking for some help, not feedback from people who don't want to help and just bash on me. and im sure once I get the right box and everything, I will be able to beat that setup, oh and that setup is ALL KICKER, nothing else. thanks so now if someone can please help me with the box and everything thatd be great, thanks.
bp
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

To help:  download WinISD box building software and away you go.

To talk reality.... I agree with the other guys.  On one hand you have flea market equipment with a pre-fab CC box, and the other guy has a complete Kicker system L5 subs and an SPL box, which you claim is only hitting 1db louder than your vehicle.  So I'm assuming that you have a geo metro, and his system is in a bread van, or someone has messed up something fierce with the L5 system or testing.  With my years in the industry, countless competitions, and love for the hobby, I can honestly say that your system has peaked, and your buddy's L5's should be DESTROYING your equipment.  Next thing will be someone buying a pair of Dual 10" subs from BBY and hitting 150db.

On a side note though.  The most impressive basement bucks system I installed was a pair of Rockford Fosgate Series 1 (old school) 12" subs, and a Majestic (flea market) 300W amp in a 70's superbeetle.  We sold this kid this system and installed it the day of our local competition and won the SPL Novice Class hitting 136.x db.  It was pretty cool.

xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
well im not lieing, it was at a show this year hosted by Royal Tz and I hit a 140.xx and i have a 96 eclipse and he has a jeep in like a 6 ft2 box or something and i think my systems but i like my setup, i just want ot know if someone can help me make a custom box straight for spl, and i dont care for sq at all. but anyway can some one help me do that with the box? please!
bp
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
oh and thanks megaman for the program. ill definitely check it out when I get home today.
bp
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hope the program helps.  Truth be told, I'm fairly new at it and I'm still trying to figure out what response curves sound best and just what response I am supposed to be aiming for.  lol.

xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
lolz yeah i want to go for something in my car with around 35hz and maybe 2 ports, but idk, maybe just one and just make it a lil wider and round the corners so i don't get any port noise.
bp
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic