icon

2008 4runner alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trey99ek 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I think I can handle that. Does anybody know the color of the data wires on the 2008 4runner. I looked the fortin site, it said to refer to a download that isn't available.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

go to www.ifar.ca

it has the manual

Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
I looked, but it does not have the colors for the 2008, think it was only to 2002. I need the RX, TX and Keysense. Well just the RX and TX.
Thanks
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Can anybody identify and confirm the RX and TX wires for the bypass?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

Model             Years             PIN CODE          PIN TXCT                    Key Sense

4Runner      2003-08             4 Pink/Green       5 Light GREEN/ Red        GREEN/ YELLOW

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, this is located at the igntion correct.  I did not yet take anything apart to look.
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Okay having some problems and I am not sure why.  Door locks don't work.  Door triggers done work.  Domelight supervision does not work.  Parking lights don't flash.  This sucks, I checked everything several times to make sure it all was working.  Only thing I can think of is that I used taps to test this out before soldering anything up.  I will have to go check all the taps to make sure they have a connection and then go from there.  Four hours and now the frustrating stuff.
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
For the locks, I connected the arm wire and the lock wire together.  Did I need to do this or it is a waste?
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2008 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Okay... All it hooked up but a few problems.
Tach wire... getting error 3 from the brain, stating wire not right. I did the BLACK/ white at the obd port and at the ecm. Checked them both with a meter and they read 6.3 while running. Any thoughts?
Door Trigger.... i used the single trigger, not all the doors. It is not triggering... when the doors are closed i am getting 12volts, but when open I am still at .5 volts... would a diode fix that.... i figure it isn't triggering because it is still showing little voltage.
Dome supervision... i found the wire at the fuse box and metered it, it is always a constant 12v. any thoughts.
I would really appreciate some feedback. mainly on the tach wire. main feature i need to get working is the remote start.
THanks
cennijimenez 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
i am installing a viper 5701 le on a 2008 toyota 4-runner with the urban runner option. i am a low voltage installer for the worlds largest gold mine so i am pretty good at this stuff but this model in complex and is stumping me on some stuff i havent got all the wires connected yet. i am having problems finding the right wire to use for the door triggers. have you figured this out yet? i am also having problems with finding the correct wire for the dome light. have you found anything out on this?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic