icon

2008 4runner alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

The door trigger is purple / YELLOW and is located on the side of the junction box/fuse box towards the steering colunm. There are 3 plugs there and i beleive it was the middle plug. This is the wire that feeds the door ajar light on the instrument cluster and will do all doors. If for some reason it won't trigger your alarm(i have NEVER had an issue with it) you could always feed it thru a relay to give you a stronger ground. As for DLS, go to the ring around the igntion switch.

The tach wire on Toyotas that is in the OBD2 connecter will always be a wire in a corner off by itself(no wires next to it). It's not there on all models...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Trey99ek 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
odd thing is those are the wires i am using. looks like it is time to tear a lot of stuff out to have another look.
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
Turns out the tach wire was fine. brain was buried in the dash then i plugged connectors in and the plug was looks. not i got the tach learned, but it is giviing me 7 flashes with the parking lights. normally means it isn't in reservation mode for MT's. but this is not an MT and i DID cut the jumper wire for it to be AT.
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I think it may be the keysense.  I have the bypass hooked to this.  Do I need a direct connection from the compustar brain?  If so what wire.
cennijimenez 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
i finally plugged everything in, and my XK05 hooked up.  I went to start it with the key. it will start but if i start it with the remote the remote gives a loud buzzing sound and the function light lights up. when i do this the cars lights flash 7 times. my doors wont lock or unlock with the remote either. i dont have the remote start activation, ground when armed, tach input, shut down input, any of the remote relay out harness hooked up. i dont know where they are suppose to be hooked up. i am also having problems with the flex relay on the H3 harness i dont know if i am suppose to have any of these hooked up. i really need help with this. thanks
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Same problem here. I tired the keysense wire to my status out, still 7 flashes with the compustar unit.
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

Can anybody offer any reason as to why this is happening.  I really need to get this done today.

Thanks

cennijimenez 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

will the vehicle start by the remote if you have to key in the ignition and on the off position? i bypassed the key sence with mine it works great now, but i am having problems with the lock and unlocking of the doors with can you tell me how you did this?

Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
It will not start with the key in the switch. As for the locks, I had the wrong plug. It is not the blue 18 pin plug. It is the white plug that is almost in the door boot. Kinda hidden in the kick behind a mess of wires. I missed it at first.
So questions are still. Why is this giving me 7 flashed for "not in reservation mode" when it is set for AT.
How do you get a double pulse to unlock all doors? I an only getting the drivers door.
Trey99ek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Okay scratch the starting thing. Got it. Kinda. Works with a key, but any key. Guessing the wire I got from the keysense from the bypass is not really the right keysense. I have to check this out. I found the wire under the column in a connector that matched the color, guess it was wrong. I will look at it tomorrow when it isn't 20 degrees out.
Still wondering about the double pulse unlock.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic