01 mercedes e320 w/smart key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

customak47 wrote:
I have heard of people installing remote starts on these vehicles, and from what I understand, you have to buy a factory infrared reciever from MB and install the key in the new reciever under the dash, but tie it in to the factory wiring with a relay to turn it on and off with remote start. In essence, the factory reviever is the 555uw, but I heard it costs a couple hundred dollars. I really have never run into anyone as persistent to try, but am really interested in the outcome. How many keys to this vehicle do you have and what city do you live in? (just wondering if I'm close enough to help on site)

a couple hundred? closer to a couple thousand.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
That's what I said in my first post, I once enquired here and its about £1000, or $1700 at current exchange rates + another key.
revolutionz_s13 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have 3 keys already so thats not a big deal...I wonder if I could find one in a junkyard somewhere and tear the key cylinder out...
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

I think its worth a shot if you can find one used.... good luck

My rifle is my friend...
revolutionz_s13 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

the part that confused me is that the car seems to pull the code when the key is turned to start...so if people are wiring the key cylinder in parrallel, how are they getting the code to read? I metered every wire during the cranking cycle and every wire is doing what its supposed to with the key in the on position, which is essentially the same thing as leaving a key in the on position in a parrellel cylinder...i must be missing something here....anyone on here actually done one by wiring the cylinder in parallel? I've fried my damn brain trying to figure this out....I mean, leaving the key in the on position isnt any different than having a parallel cylinder with a key in the on position thats only activated during remote start.....

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
boy u got alotta patience, i'll give you that, i'm doubting it, but i hope ur efforts are not in vain. peace out.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic