icon

01 mercedes e320 w/smart key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
It's not the relays, Kevin is as usual correct there, BUT leaving the key in the ignition, surely circuits are triggered as soon as you do this?  For a start you will kill the sleeper circuits, secondly what about manufacturer's warantee?  Anything goes wrong with that car and cost wise they wil have a field day with you.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

Thats why I mentioned cutting the key sense - if the car doesn't know the key is in the ignition then all is well.

I'm not saying I would do it on MY car, but it's still an interesting alternative.

I wouldn't worry so much about what the dealership would say as much as I would worry about the insurance adjuster! 

"wait, you did what?  So, the key was IN the car?"

Kevin Pierson
revolutionz_s13 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
there is no manufacturer's warranty anymore so I'm not worried about that.  Yes, I will have to use relays for the 3 ignitions, the accessory, and the keysense wire. (Anyone know of a good relay satellite pack I can get? lol...so many relays...).  I cant really see there being a problem with messing anything up since as far as the car knows, you are just " turning the key on and off".  I shouldnt have a problem with keys getting erased since the car will see the same key all the time. However, this is my last alternative since there is no bypass solution for these smart keys yet.  I will sell this car before I go with no remote start up here in the frozen tundra.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  
what happened, i'm dyiing to know.
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
revolutionz_s13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
just wired up the relay system last night...gonna attempt it either tonight or tomorrrow i think.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

so did you try,

JW.ORG.
revolutionz_s13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
man you are impatient.  I messed with it some more tonight...and I dont think it will work.  The car only pulls the code needed to start the car when the key is turned to the start position.  It must do this internally in the key cylinder thing, as none of the other wires coming from the key cylinder do anything when the key is turned to the start position.  I am stuck again at this point.  I think I will just sell the car, as much as I like it.  I refuse to go through the winter with no remote starter.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
finally good sense has prevailed01 mercedes e320 w/smart key - Page 2 -- posted image.
JW.ORG.
revolutionz_s13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
i dont really think good sense prevailed....i just ran out of ideas to try and make it work....if anyone else has any ideas lemme know.
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard of people installing remote starts on these vehicles, and from what I understand, you have to buy a factory infrared reciever from MB and install the key in the new reciever under the dash, but tie it in to the factory wiring with a relay to turn it on and off with remote start. In essence, the factory reviever is the 555uw, but I heard it costs a couple hundred dollars. I really have never run into anyone as persistent to try, but am really interested in the outcome. How many keys to this vehicle do you have and what city do you live in? (just wondering if I'm close enough to help on site)
My rifle is my friend...
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic