icon

2007 silverado new body, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rcoe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=p01110101]that would be the plug, and yes that is how you wire it, it shouldn't mess up the truck DEI's stuff is designed with a whole bunch of fail safe's if you need the manual:

http://www.xpresskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=718[/QUOTE]

Thanks that is what I was needing to hear.

Yes I know the DEI stuff is very solid, it installed it for years with great results.  I just moved on to a different job a few years back on only do starters for people I know on occasion to make an extra buck or two.  Hopefully I can get this one finished up tomorrow as I have 2 other trucks almost identical to this one I have to get done in the next couple days.  First snow always brings a few out.

Thanks again,

rcoe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Been working on putting a RS in a 07 silverado NBS.
Was having problems getting it to start, everything would turn on and be ready to start just no crank. Was getting no security lights or anything.
I was using a 1701g with a rely, with the correct resistors on the crank and accy wire both going to the bcm side of the pnk/blk wire.
I figured the immobilizer was working correctly as I was not getting any lights on the dash and it started fine with the key. So I figured that it must be a problem with the to wire with resistors in them. So I cut them and removed them both from the loop, thinking I would redo them. I then decided to try it and see if I lost accy power, but no it started up and worked just fine? The rely is still in the loop so the way I see it it is just sending 12v down the bcm side of the pnk/blk.
It now starts fine with all the correct accys on and no idiot lights on the dash staying on.
How is this working? The truck is an 07 nbs, but it does have a salvage title. It does not have many options so I do not think it would be equipped with an OE starter. Any ideas on why this is working?
Thank
texas-al 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I am looking to get a 2-way alarm system with start on my 08 Silverado. I am going with either the Viper or the Clifford. Is this install fairly easy, or can the intall go really bad with a mistake. I was planning to take it into BestBuy, but, many people online have told me that BestBuy's installed don't know what they are doing. I'm just trying to get a feel for how hard this install is. Thanks!

-Al

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

Take it to a proffessional, unless you're comfortable with 12v electronics, mechanically inclined, and love to fiddle with things that blink. Yes. The install is fairly easy. No. I wouldn't trust most retail chain installers. However, I can attest, there are some awesome installers in those chains.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
texas-al 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

Ok. That sounds good. I am simply trying to get the alarm installed at a professional shop. So far, I have found a shop that seems to know what they are talking about, the price doesn't seem ourageous ($600.00 for a Clifford 50.7 2 way LCD remote w/ start).  Bestbuy can do the Viper 2 way LED remote /start for about $500.00, but like I mentioned, many people have told me that Bestbuy install procedured are usually not followed. The ship that will do the Clifford has not had the alarm I am looking for in stock for a few weeks because of a backorder problem, but I will wait another week and see if we can get that alarm in soon.

-Al

wdayusmc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
i have an 06 4dr z71 silverado 4x4,
i was hooking up a keyless entry/remote start system that i had bought at auotzone. i discovered that i would have to put a bunch of relays in to make the front doors unlock.
Does anyone know what data buss/module i need to hook up so i don't have to take my doors apart and hook up all those relays. And if so where i can get one?
Thanks
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
MULTIDL, GMDLBP, etc, etc
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
texas-al 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  

Well, there are only two shops that do DEI alarms in my area. One of the shops wants about $900 for the Viper 5901 and the other will do the Clifford 50.7 for $550, but is still out of alarm modules. I talked to the shop that will do the Clifford, and I told him that I can order the alarm online, and he agreed to install it. I am reading about this alarm, and it really does seem like an easy install. I am comfortable with electronics(installed many stereo head units), I am mechanically inclined as well, but I do not know where any of the wires are located on my truck. I am wondering if somebody would be interested in providing me with a detailed, step by step install for a 2008 silverado. I am willing to pay for it, so please let me know if you are. I would prefer it be somebody that has done the 2007-2009 NBS Silverado. I am planning on installing either the Clifford or the Viper with the 1701g bypass module. If you are interested, send me a PM along with your user ID from this forum, and I will provide you my email address. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Al

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
rcoe wrote:
It now starts fine with all the correct accys on and no idiot lights on the dash staying on.
Do you have access to a dealer? I am pretty sure that even though you have no lights showing on the instrument cluster, the truck is still storing codes. Reading through the other posts on the new GM truck platform you will find some posts from Chris Luongo on this subject. I would get the truck back to try and get that multiplex wire hooked up properly.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
texas-al 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

Well,

I received the alarm unit and the bypass module, and I  scheduled an appointment with the installers at Bestbuy. It seems like they know what they are talking about, so I think they will do a good install. I decided not to do my own install, since DEI will not honor the warranty if it is not installed by one of their Authorized installers. Anything I should do before taking the truck in? I know it is a staight forward install, but I just want to make sure they have everything so that I don't have to postpone the install. I've been waiting for this alarm for a long time now. Thanks!

-al

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic