icon

2005 nissan titan remote start trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mr. tooth decay 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
i will try it today when i have the car. i will let you know this evening, thanks. i hope it works, ill be your new best friend
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
triniforever wrote:

yes just run a lead off the purple wire and attach to the second starter green wire

thats a BAD idead dude. it may "work" but its not the correct way to install. you must use a relay so that the 2 circuits in the ignition switch stay separate. they are seperate circuits from the factory. thats why if you only tie into 1 of the wires the other one doesnt get energized, it is a seperate circuit. if this fella does what you are saying, the 2 circuits will become 1 circuit because voltage will flow between the added wire connecting the two. something it was not meant to do. if you always install this way and you are a professional installer, i would keep that you do this to yourself, and i certainly would not come on to a public forum and suggest to others to do it that way.

mr. tooth decay, Mike M2 is telling you the correct way to fix your problem. please do it the way he is saying. if you are not sure how or what he means, just ask. lots of guys will explain it and even put up diagrams to show you.

mr. tooth decay 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

i will definately put a relay now after your great explanation. where can i get a relay? what kind of relay is it? is there a specific type or brand i could use? im just not familiar with what i should be looking for, thanks

lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

you can use the little 4 wire connector that came with the remote start to get your negative tirgger. the 4 wires should be your

- while remotestart wire (blue)

- 2nd accessory wire (orange)

- 2nd ignition wire (pink)

- 2nd start wire (purple)

you can use the purple wire to trigger a relay to power up your second start wire.

Jonathan

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Look at this link,,,

http://www.repairconnector.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/21440/subcatid/0/id/257128

This is what you need and you can get them at any stereo shop. Be sure to get the connector also, not just the relay. There will be numbers next to each pin. You will see them only when the relay is unplugged. Wire as follows...

85 to 12volts+

86 to the thin purple wire on your RS

30 to 12volts+

87 to the second starter wire in the truck

87a no connection

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
triniforever wrote:

yes just run a lead off the purple wire and attach to the second starter green wire

thats a BAD idead dude. it may "work" but its not the correct way to install. you must use a relay so that the 2 circuits in the ignition switch stay separate. they are seperate circuits from the factory. thats why if you only tie into 1 of the wires the other one doesnt get energized, it is a seperate circuit. if this fella does what you are saying, the 2 circuits will become 1 circuit because voltage will flow between the added wire connecting the two. something it was not meant to do. if you always install this way and you are a professional installer, i would keep that you do this to yourself, and i certainly would not come on to a public forum and suggest to others to do it that way.

ditto on that, ckeeler. triniforever is making us trinis look bad,2005 nissan titan remote start trouble - Page 2 -- posted image.

JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
triniforever wrote:

mr. tooth decay, Mike M2 is telling you the correct way to fix your problem. please do it the way he is saying. if you are not sure how or what he means, just ask. lots of guys will explain it and even put up diagrams to show you.

I sounded kinda like an a-hole. i wasnt trying to rag on you triniforever, i was just trying to really emphasize the importance of doing it correctly so that he wont have problems later.

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
i know this is way off the subject but.......whats the weather like right now t&t?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ugh...i'm not sure i really want to know. Here it's snowing and 25 degress, blowing wind, winter sucks....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
Ugh...i'm not sure i really want to know. Here it's snowing and 25 degress, blowing wind, winter sucks....

holy crap! yea i think you would hate it to even hear that its been 60-65 degrees here. somtimes im amazed i install as many remote starts as i do being that we dont really get that cold. i havnt had one morning yet this year where i had frost on my windshield.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic