icon

2005 nissan titan remote start trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mr. tooth decay 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
oh and ive got that relay hooked up for the 2nd starter wire, and i made a better connection with the tach wire, i just cant seem to figure this thing out.  every few tries it will start up and stay running. wierdest thing ever. please help
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check the hood pin and the neutral safety switch wires ?
well?
lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

unfortunatly with it strating every so often it makes it harder to diagnose. the only suggestions I can think of is to go back and make sure all your connections are solid ones and that they are behaving like they should when remotestarted. also make sure the remote start is programmed for tach mode. I know that the 561r's can be a pain in the ass to program I usualy spam the hell out of the remote. as in if tach is option 2 I press the program button 2 times hold on 3 then hit the left button on the remote like 9 times (i dont look at the led.)

Jonathan

mr. tooth decay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
the hood pin isnt hooked up and the neutral safety switch is grounded because the truck wont start outside of drive or neutral anyway. All connections are solid and i have learned the tach a dozen times, but i will tryi it the way you do it. ill see what i can find out, let me know if you come across something else
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Chances are the tach is the issue. If it were practically any other problam it would not start every few shots. What are you connected to for tach?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lostissues 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

Keep in mind that the way I explained is how to make sure the remotestart is in tach mode as opposed to voltage mode. To have the remote start learn tach start up the truck wait a few seconds then hold down the programming button for a few seconds. If the parking lights flash then it learned tach. If the lights don’t flash when you release the button they you have the wrong wire.

One way to check if tach is the problem is you can set the remote start to voltage mode and change the crank time to 1 second. It if starts and stays running you know that your remote start was having a problem with the tach. You can either try to reprogram tach again or find the tach wire somewhere else.

Jonathan

lostissues 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
lostissues wrote:

Keep in mind that the way I explained is how to make sure the remotestart is in tach mode as opposed to voltage mode. To have the remote start learn tach start up the truck wait a few seconds then hold down the programming button for a few seconds **EDIT** then release programming button **EDIT DONE**. If the parking lights flash then it learned tach. If the lights don’t flash when you release the button then you have the wrong wire.

One way to check if tach is the problem is you can set the remote start to voltage mode and change the crank time to 1 second. It if starts and stays running you know that your remote start was having a problem with the tach. You can either try to reprogram tach again or find the tach wire somewhere else.

Jonathan

also if the hood pin or neutral safty wire were hooked up incorrectly the remote start would not even attempt to start. it would assume either the hood is open or the car is not in neutral and would not try to start at all

mr. tooth decay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

when i learn the tach, i start it up and within the first 5 seconds i press the learn button and hold it until the red l.e.d. comes on then release, the parking lights flash. for the tach wire i have it ran to the engine bay, on each sparkplug theres its little ignition coils at each one, and it says to hook it up NOT to the WHITE/ blue or black wire. so i hooked it up to the 3rd wire. When i do the shutdown diagnostics which tells you the reason for the last shutdown, it come back everytime to:

Four---- Transmitter Shutdown (or optional push-button)

I do not have an optional push button installed and have not touched the remote since i tried to start it. Im stumped, but my tach wire has a really good connection, I've redone it twice and im sure its good, maybe i should try a different ignition coil, would it matter?

mr. tooth decay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
success!!! although i had the right tach wire and my connection was good, i changed the remote start over to voltage sense and it works like a beautiful dream, starts up and runs perfectly, thanks for all you help and i will now enjoy a working remote start!!!!
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
congratulations!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic