icon

decifer diagram?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blkrhyno 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
The wires listed is the wires coming from the mirror switch. I used my power probe to send +12v to the lt GREEN/ YELLOW wire and the mirrors fold out(open), when I take the +12v off the lt GREEN/ YELLOW wire the mirrors fold in(close). The switch has three positions like any other mirror switch but also has a fourth position to fold them in, when I turn the switch to either the driver side, passenger side or center position they fold out. When I probe the lt GREEN/ YELLOW wire when folding the mirrors in it shows (-), when I probe the same wire folding the mirrors out it shows +12v. The only other wire that shows any change is the WHITE/ blue wire that shows (-) only when I fold the mirrors out, all the other wires stay the same. Once I twist the switch for the mirrors to fold out they stop automatically and i don't have to hold the switch the that position.
Protect what's yours.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I assume you were using your power probe on it while it was all connected together, and the switch was in the folded in (closed) position.
It sounds like the mirrors will fold in if you were to open up the connection from the LG/YL wire, which would remove the 12V from the control circuit. Is it sitting at 12V whenever you have the mirror switch in the operate positions?
Maybe you could do something simple like just wire a relay that's energized by the ignition, and use the normally open contact to provide the connection for the LG/YL wire. When the ignition is off, the relay opens, and the mirrors would fold in.
If this works, you might want to add another switch in the event you want the mirrors to be out even with the ignition off (maybe use it when you just park temporarily, sitting in the car, so it doesn't cycle the mirrors unnecessarily every time you switch the ignition on and off).
blkrhyno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the switch is sitting at 12v in the operating positions. I try that and see what happens
Protect what's yours.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
Also see if the WHITE/ blue wire shows the same change when it folds, in case it's used to signal the end of travel. You want to be sure this doesn't keep applying power even after it's done.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
In case there is no limit switch, unplug one of the mirrors and replace the fuse in the car with a 3 or a 5 amp fuse.  Also monitor the connected mirror and if you hear the motor continue to run, unplug it.
blkrhyno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks once again guys for sharing your knowledge, much appreciated. Do you guys think that I'm gonna need a few relays wired the same way to move the mirrors?
Protect what's yours.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

decifer diagram? - Page 5 -- posted image.

Just 2 relays nothing else

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
blkrhyno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks wizard
Protect what's yours.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.