Email me for a possible layout

hotwaterwizard@aol.com

You have email

Protect what's yours.
blkrhyno 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys, I started to build the circuit but after taking a closer look  at the relays I realize that one wire for the power mirrors will be neg(-) and the other will be pos(+). The problem is, there is only one wire that controls the mirrors, it is sends a pos(+) signal when they open and a neg(-) signal when they close on the same wire. Can anyone help me?
Protect what's yours.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
The purpose of the circuit was to provide a reversing polarity signal to power the mirrors, if you're going to use a control signal an existing driver circuit, then you don't need this somewhat involved relay setup.
You'll have to make sure your control circuit input will tolerate your externally grounding or applying 12V to it when the switches are in their normal standby position. If it's simply a double throw switch you could get away with it, but if there are electronics involved, you have to make sure you know what's in there first to avoid possible damage.
Try to describe exactly what you have to control, and what controls you'll be driving it with.
blkrhyno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

It's my personal car, an 04 Audi A6. It as a switch that controls the mirrors folding in & out which also controls adjustment of the glass itself. I originally wanted to have them fold in & out with the ignition. Here are the wires: 

yellow/blk = (-) always

WHITE/ blue = (-) only w/ mirrors open

PURPLE / blk = (-) always

lt green = (-) always

brown = (-) always

blk/red = (+) 12v always

lt GREEN/ YELLOW = (-) with switch in close position, (+) 12v in open position

grey/blue = (-) always

RED / yellow = (-) always                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Protect what's yours.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a positive voltage on the WHITE/ Blue wire when the mirror is closed?  The switch to open or close, is it a spring loaded switch with a center position?
blkrhyno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
They isn't any voltage on the WHITE/ blue wire with the mirror closed and yes it is a spring loaded swithch with a center position.
Protect what's yours.
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure what wires you have listed there, are those wires in the connector for the power mirror itself? Or is that from the switch? Without a diagram of what they're connected to, it's difficult to figure out, not having wire schematics for the specific car.
Is it the lt GREEN/ YELLOW or the WHITE/ blue wire you were going to control the mirror folding with?
Have you tried to control the mirrors by applying a signal directly?
You'll have to find out if it just needs a ground or +12V to be applied to move the mirrors, or if it's locked at some state in standby by the existing switch.
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
when you say with the mirror closed, are you referring to the position of the mirror, (folded in or out)? Is it something like a microswitch to detect if the mirror is fully folded in, as a feedback for the control?
I never had any folding mirrors to play with, so I don't know the setup. Is it a momentary push on a button, and then the mirrors go out to the position and stop automatically, or do you have to hold it and manually stop it when it hits the stop?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic