remote start and immobilizer interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
calhounmike 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

Follow up:

More info.   When I say I stick the tip of the key in.   I don't even stick it in far enough to trigger the bell or close the circuit on pink/blue to get the bell sound and vehicle starts right up.   

So with that said I don't think it has anything to do with those pink/purple wires.    They the one after the switch is not energized and it will still start with the tip of key put in.

Mike

jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
do u have a key in the bypass module at all times when remote starting and the ring around the key switch. double check ur ground,also does it have the jumper in on side of unit shouldbe on the right 2 pins and when putting the ring around the key switch it must be in front of the factory ring, do you havea manual to the 556u, it also has a different wiring option also
calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

jar754,

Yes, I have the ring around switch, key in bypass.

Not that I haven't made a couple of goof ups and went back and rechecked things a couple of times.

Yes, that remote start has a jumper and I have tried it in both positions.

Thanks, Mike

jar754 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
did u say earlier it was a used model that u bought,we can try to wire it up a different way first, but it also could be possible that the unit is defective.
calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Guys,

I wold like to thank everyone for their help.   I finally call uncle and yanked it all out. 

Licked my wounds and will move on.    Four days of having my vehicle tore apart was more than I could handle.  Really was no closer 4 days later than how it worked an hour after the remote start was installed.  

I will accept defeat and the humiliation that goes with it.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice it is really appreciated.   Sorry we could not count this one as a success.

Mike

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
i guess i'm too late.....i had a 2003/04 axiom in my shop a while ago, can't remember the actual year, and did a remote start and had a similar problem that you did.  I took the key apart and inserted the transponder part of the key...(the side of the key with the hump) in the module.  Shoot, you could've even tried placing it in front of the ignition and it should've started.  Turns out on my end that the 556u module wasn't sending the signal to the transponder....so I replaced it and it worked fine.  i even had his other key and tested the immobilizer by just placing that key in front of the ignition with the key facing down, not even inserted, and it worked.  Sorry i'm too late.....
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Joch1314,

Maybe this will help someone else.   Some other stuff that I found out.    With the key apart in front of the switch nothing.     With the key together in front of the switch presto.    What I found is two dimple in the key housing, that  doesn't come out with the guts, on the other side push two silver contacts.    If the gut are not in the key housing it does not work even with the factory transponder ring.    So taking my key apart to put in the 556u bypass was killing me.

Second I worked with DEI and they said oh you may have a bad bypass take it back and get another one.    I took it to the electronics place, name not to be mentioned, that I bought it and the guy said BS you must be doing it wrong I have put 1000's of these on and never had a bad one and basically I am not swaping for another one.    Plus it is electronic and if it is bad you messed it up.   Mental note will not purchase anything there again.    Paid a premium when I got it versus ordering one and waiting.     He could be right I guess I can't prove  him wrong or he can't prove me wrong.

Once I figured out the key had to be together, I could hold it up to the factory transponder and it would work..   If the guts were taken out of the housing it would not work though.    Plus the key will only allow a edge to go in the 556u because of the size of the fob on it is so big.    But in far enough it should pick it up.   I have tried I am sure 50 combinations with the factory rep, advice from here and scolding from installer where I bought the part.

I do appreciate everyones advice.   I could have a bad bypass module but can't really prove that without a new one.    I would say I am out of $150 and that is enough to sink in to a nice to have for the wife of a morning.    Throwing good money at bad hurts in the end.

Anything else that you may remember would be great to know just for knowledge purpose.    Everyone said just hook up the blue from bypass to blue one remote.     Red to hot and black to ground.   This guy today at the electronics store said the pink had to also be connected to igniton.    That did not help either.   Factory guy told me I needed a couple of relays because I have two accessory wire but the electronics guy said that is BS and since I only had one ignition wire to us the pink/white from remote start to the other accessory instead of doing that.      Plus the guy at factory said I need a rely to energize the keysense from switch and the electronics store guy said that was crap..   Have to agree with him on that one because the key held up to factory transponder works just fine with out the keysense energized.   When I jumpered as a test it didn't help.

Thanks, Mike

jar754 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
i honostly do believe you havea bad unit. u did nothing wrong when installing it.he should exchange it and send it back to dei and they will send him a replacement anyways. it does happen i've had a bad unit once in awhile and it drives u nuts as this did 2 u.if he doesnt exchange it call dei and and explain to them what this guy did to u andhim refusing to exchange it
calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  

Guys,

On thing I want ot try it to get a valet key made, which I needed one anyway.     If they are not too expensive I will get one and cut the shaft off the key.    I will see if I can secure that up to the factory ring and get it to fit in the console and have it sense that key.    Kind of like the suggestions of taking the chip out.   Something in these factory normal keys will not allow that.    It think a valet key will have a smaller head, etc..

On the web I am finding a hard place to order a 2003 isuzu axiom one from.    Can find places that will sell 2005 and newer and 2002 and older.    2003 and 2004 models must have done some really goofy stuff around this the security and ignition stuff.

I will try to find someone locally but that normally means they cost a lot more.    And may not be able to afford the extra one to play around with the chip.

If someone can tell me why 2003 and 2004 isuzu axiom is so much different.   It has a delphi transponder which I would have thought it would have been like lots of GM models.

Mike

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
you could try and make your own bypass with a relay and small gage wire to wrap around the key.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic