icon

remote start and immobilizer interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
have you tried triggering the keysense wire yet?
calhounmike 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

No I haven't.    I was not sure what it did or if I needed to do it or not.    

Can you explain to me what the keysense wire is for?  I think I can find the wire in the ignition harness pretty easy to hook it up but never could find a good explanation of when you needed it or not.  

Mike

jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
i believe ur car does not have a keysense,lets see if i got this straight, it will remote start when u have the key in the cylander, which it should, the "ring around the key is what needs to be in the bypass unit, take key that will start the car and dont take anything apart and put it in the bypass units ring.like ur original key,we can get this just have patience
calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

jar754,

Thanks for trying to keep me calm.   This is the point when I normally ripping and tearing and tossing things out the door followed by some serious stomping on the pavement with parts flying.

I have tried what you suggested put the key in the bypass that works in the ignition with the by pass ring positioned many ways around the switch.   I have a hot comming into the bypass, which i have checked and getting 12 v.    I have a ground  and I blue on bypass hooked to blue on remote start.

Can you tell me what Keysense is?     I don't know when I need to hook it up or not.    When I look at my wiring diag it shows in the ignition harness: 

Keysense Pink/Blue or RED / Blue + Ignition Harness

Thanks, Mike

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

the keysense wire is the wire thats shows ground or sometimes 12v when the key is inserted into the lock cylinder. if you put 12v on that wire at the same time the bypass is triggered, the vehicle will think that the key is inserted into the lock cylinder. it should also see the transponder chip.

calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Ckeeler,

I think we may be on to something.  

Ok, on my remote start, I don't think it has anything that needs to be connected to keysense.  Make no mention of it.

On the bypass it has two wires:   violet (+) keysense input connect this wire to the vehicles's positive keysense output wire and green (-) keysense input: connect this wire to the viehilce's negative keysense output wire.    I am guessing I only need to hook up one of these just not sure which one.

One of the above two wires would hook to following wire on my vehicle:  (by having + there, I would guess it will need to be the violet wire.

Keysense Pink/Blue or RED / Blue + Ignition Harness

Thanks, Mike

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
well....are those wires on the bypass inputs? or outputs? we need a positive "output" from somewhere to trigger the keysense wire in the vehicle.
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
yes the violet wire
calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Guys,

I will try that at lunch and let you know.   Keep your fingers crossed.   

Thanks, Mike

calhounmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

Ok guys,

Here is what I found so far.   I have two pink/purple wires with ignition wires in a block.    One had ~12 v on it and the other ~0.    This will not let the doors lock, etc when energized using the remote an controls the bell if driver door is open. 

I stuck the key in and both had approximately 12v.   Bell dings, etc....    I jumped those two wires with key out and tried the starter and the same thing Car light with flashing key in middle.      During the start up sequence I also tried to test the wires in the bypass box.   I expected it to send 12 v on the violet key sense wie but it did not.   Violet +    I then tested the green in the bypass box it had like 11.57 v and when the sequence started it droped to 10.XX.

Maybe I don't have a key sense but it sure acts like it again, stick tip of key in and it starts right up.   

I did look where the factory transponer wire goes and it is in a dephi box.   Two wires go to it and then a block of wires come out of it.

Thanks,  MIke

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic