2000 sentra r/s no tach signal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nycmaximas 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
but it wont fix this problem because if it was disconnected the unit cannot see the hood as being open anyway. i think this is a problem with your 556U
UGH..I'm back at square one then.
Is there anyway I could verify if the 556 is busted? [by testing it somehow?]. I assumed the way the system works is it only uses the signal to start the car but once the car is started, the ignition no longer needs the signal from the key to stay running.
In the manual is says this under the description for the hood pin wire:
The switch must supply a ground output when switch is opened. This input will disable or shut down remote start when the hood is opened.
So when the system is "closed" is it supposed to be looking for a positive signal?
Also, I read that if the car notices a check engine light that it will shut itself off during the remote start procedure? My check engine light just came on the other day due to the remote start.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
disconnect the power to your bypass. try and remote start with the key in the lock cylinder. dont turn it, just put it all the way in. then remote start. does it stay running? if so you have a transponder bypass problem
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I will try that in the morning and see what happens.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I tested the bypass by cutting the power to it and remote starting with the key in the ignition but in the off position. The car starts right up but again, it just shuts off after 5 seconds and the check engine light came on after the second attempt.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
do the same thing again, but this time turn the key to the run position just after you push the remote start button. maybe you have missed an ignition wire that needs to be powered or have it connected to accessory instead of ignition.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
do the same thing again, but this time turn the key to the run position just after you push the remote start button. maybe you have missed an ignition wire that needs to be powered or have it connected to accessory instead of ignition.
The car started up and stayed on when I turned the key to the run position. The only thing is that after about 15 seconds of running I could hear a noise from under the engine bay, it was probably the starter grinding so I shut it down.
I read in another thread it was OK to make a Y connection to the two ignition wires-which is what I did. Would that be the problem?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
its not ok to do that. you need to power that other ignition wire with a separate circuit. also your car has 2 starter wires that have to be powered. did you power both of them? it wont start if you dont. you will need a relay to power it. dont make a Y and connect the 2 starter wires together.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
its not ok to do that. you need to power that other ignition wire with a separate circuit. also your car has 2 starter wires that have to be powered. did you power both of them? it wont start if you dont. you will need a relay to power it. dont make a Y and connect the 2 starter wires together.
I made a mistake in my previous post. The first ignition wire goes to the pink wire on the alarm and the second ignition wire goes to the pink and white wire on the alarm so the ignition wires are seperated.
As for the starter wires, yes the car does have two but the alarm only has one wire [purple-started output (+) connect to vehicle's starter wire]. Is there a diagram on the forums on how to wire the relay to power the second starter wire?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. ill also post a diagram. there are 2 ways you can do it. if your unit has a second starter negative output (it will be a small wire that supplies a low current negative trigger the same way the purple start wire supplies 12v). if you dont have one on your unit you can trigger a relay off the purple start wire.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

2000 sentra r/s no tach signal - Page 2 -- posted image.

OR USE THIS ONE

2000 sentra r/s no tach signal - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic