2000 sentra r/s no tach signal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nycmaximas 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
Yes. ill also post a diagram. there are 2 ways you can do it. if your unit has a second starter negative output (it will be a small wire that supplies a low current negative trigger the same way the purple start wire supplies 12v). if you dont have one on your unit you can trigger a relay off the purple start wire.
off topic but I just wanted to say a big thank you for continuing to assist me. Other people might have been tired of me by now with all these questions LOL but I really appreciate your help-I'm learning a lot.
As far as I Can tell it has only one starter wire, which is positive output.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
no problem. everyone on here is helpful and have lots of good ideas.
carhigh 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you have a key with a chip in it? I have two 2003 sentra's, my uncle has a 2000, and ive looked at a bunch before buying my two just within the last few months, and have yet to run into one that has a chip in the key!

CC installers tried getting me for the bypass, but i was sure to use a plain metal spare key when dropping the cars off to CC installers.
The dealer can tell you for sure if you have a chipped key
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
carhigh wrote:
Are you sure you have a key with a chip in it? I have two 2003 sentra's, my uncle has a 2000, and ive looked at a bunch before buying my two just within the last few months, and have yet to run into one that has a chip in the key!

CC installers tried getting me for the bypass, but i was sure to use a plain metal spare key when dropping the cars off to CC installers.
The dealer can tell you for sure if you have a chipped key
I'm 110% certain I have a chip in my key. Not all 2000-2006 Sentras were equipped with the Immobilizer system. The base models with the 1.8 engine didn't have it and neither did the base 2.0 models IIRC. My 2.0 model is the "sporty" version for the 2000-2001 line up and it did come with immobilizer as part of the sports package.
For the 2002-2003 Spec V models with the 2.5 L engine, I believe immobilizer came with the Rockford Fosgate premium package.
If I try to start my car with a regular hardware made key, I can sit there and crank all day but the motor won't turn over. I have to insert the chipped key before it will start.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
Found this diagram online-just wanted to make sure its the correct way to wire up the relay for the 2nd starter wire.
2000 sentra r/s no tach signal - Page 3 -- posted image.
For pin 86 on the relay does it matter where it's grounded off?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

no

nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

no

LOL no as in that's not the correct way to wire it or no as in it doesn't matter where it's grounded off?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
just give it a good clean chassis ground. it doesnt matter where.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

thats okay to wire like that but i prefer this

85 - constant 12v fused @ 5 amps

86 - negative 2nd starter output from alarm or rs 200ma - 500ma)
87 - constant 12v
30 - to second start wire on car.

this only works if the unit has a negative out for start during remote start sequence only.

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
true. i also dont like that diagram that much. didnt you use one of the ones i posted for you earlier on this thread? the problem with using a GWR from the unit is makes the relay energize the second start wire the whole time. you only need to energize it for START.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic