the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 trailblazer, keyless/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
im doing one of these on saturday using a DEI avital 4103 start/keyless and a DEI 1700G1   according to audiovox website i need to use a relay wired the following pin 85 to active out pin 86 and 87 to starter output of the remote start module then connect those 2 too the white wire in the ing harness then pin 30 to 12 volts then put ing 1 to the pink wire ing2 to brown and acc to orange   is all this really nessary ?   couldnt i just go ing 1 to pink   ing 2 to brown set to acc and acc 1 to orange wouldnt it crank and start ? and dont use the purple starter wire at all ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
red and red white is 12v
pink is ignition
white or dark green is 2nd ignition
orange is accessory 1
brown is accessory 2 and is usually not needed
yellow is starter.
No relay should be needed except the power the brown wire if you choose to. Believe it only does the radio, and in some rare cases the airbag system. I never use it and havent had an issue yet.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
I agree, i know they tell you to power the second accessory but i have done many without and never had an issue. That said, the proper thing to do would be to add a relay for the wire....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replys   guys   my issue isnt adding a relay for the 2nd acc thats no problem   just wasnt seeing the point in adding that other relay like audiovox was talking about
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
I've done a few of these and the notes below are accurate:
NOTE *3 IMPORTANT !!!!! this wire MUST BE CONNECTED as IGNITION #2 for REMOTE STARTING!!!!!!
NOTE *5 On the 2006, you will need to use the ACCESSORY 2 wire and the ACCESSORY 1 wire when Remote Starting.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
If you dont used the audiovox diagram on that truck the "pit-stop" feature will not work without throwing a service engine soon light. If you monitor the vehicle with a good scan tool during start up and during pit stop via the rs one of the three "ign" circuits does not power up at the appropriate time, and during pit stop it drops out completely....my suggestion would be use the diagram, even though you dont "need" to to make the vehicle remote start.
chev104275 
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  
i usually power up everything the key would that brown 2nd acc wire will get powered in this install   but i dont see how wiring that relay like that would make a difference in the pit stop mode   all the ingition and acc wires are connected to the ingition harness so they would get power regaurdless of that relay the way it looks to me is thats just for remote starting the truck as the relay will only turn on and send 12 volts to the white wire when there is 12 volts coming down the starter wire from the remote start
pin 85 to active out
pin 86 to starter output from module
pin 87 to starter output and to the white wire in ingition harness
pin 30 to 12 volts
i dont need this right ?   im sorry for the long post
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  

http://documents.audiovox.com/700830.pdf

Ok, i guess this is what you are refering to. This makes zero sense to me as it only powers the white during crank. It simply is wrong. Power white and pink as igntion and the orange and brown accessory...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chev104275 
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
thats what i thought too didnt see the purpose or need for it   was just makin sure i wasnt reading it wrong     Thanks again Everyone for all your help   love this site
chev104275 
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
my only other question on this truck looking over the diagram for the truck and the 1700G   where do i grab the factory alarm disarm wire the 1700G doesnt have an input for it   do i have to drag a wire into the door ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic