Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
 anyone got any more ideas?
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

why don't you do the following test ? Start the car with the key, wait till it auto learns the tach, then activate the idle mode, remove the key and see if it would take over ?

mtlman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
 so i did do idle mode test and when i start the vehicle and hold the button it just gives me 7 flashes for a code again, now after the flashes go away and i hold the button again i get three flashes and then i turn the key off and the car does not stay running. does anyone know the purpose of the ground while running wire?
moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure the car is not in valet mode ?

ground while running is usually used for bypass module.

mtlman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
 i do not have a valet mode only a service mode which u can tell that its in becuase the LED's stay on.   so should that ground while running be hooked up to anything? (this vehicle does not require a bypass module)
moonliter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

No need to hook up if it doesn't have bypass unit. Did you wait until the auto tach learn had finished ( 3 park light flashes ) and then press the start button for 3 seconds ( activate the idle mode ) ? Park lights come on before you turn the key off ?

If it still wouldn't stay running, next step try the tachless mode ( disconnect the tach wire ). Ok if tach source is changed, you will have to do a system reset. Other things you need to check : like the 2 12 v wires to the module, ignition, acc & starter wires are connected properly. 

mtlman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
 ok...the first time i tried it was after the system did the auto lean followed by 3 park light flashes and when i held it just blinked seven times(while car running) then i let go of the button and held it again for three seconds and the lights flashed again quickly then i turned the key to off and the car went off with it. in Tachless mode it does the same thing just flashes 7 times!. i know the 12v  and the starter wires are good but i need the recheck the ignition wire.
mtlman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
 this vehicle doesnt use a bypass module so ill leave that one disconnected i guess
brettwhunter 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2008 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
If you have found a solution to this problem please share. I am having the exactsame issue with an Ultra Start 1280 G11 XR, installed on a 2005 Chevy Malibu Classic utilizing a Directed Electronics PLJX bypass module(GM Passlock II).
It is just as you describe; everything works great except for the remote start. When attempting to remote start, I continually receive the error code of 7 flashes(tach lock, or can't detect tach signal). When attempting to reset the unit and relearn the tach (no matter if it's tach/tachless mode), I receive the same error code - 7 flashes. All of my connections are correct and soldered.
Are you working with the same Ultra Start Unit? If so, where did you purchase it? I am beginning to wonder if the unit I have is defective, at this point it would appear the only things we have in common are the symptoms and the units. I am trying to reach Ultra Start for tech support, but I am not having any luck. Any feedback would be welcome here!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein
mtlman 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Yes it sounds like everything i am having! and i do have the G11 XR version. i still have yet to solve the problem and i have talked to ultra tech support and basiclly what i got out of him was your unit just simply isnt Tach learning. i told him i have it to an injector wire that i can verify ACv  with a meter. he then told me i must have it to the wrong injector wire which after looking i cant be because there are always only two one is a constant 12v when key is on from a relay and the other is straight from the ECM which is in a Waveform type voltage. he told me it must be a changing current which would be a "waveform" but he says it must be wrong,but it is the ONLY waveform type current for the injectors because there are only 2 wires! so idk?  i left him a MSG and i got no response back.  i was thinking the unit was bad but i have another unit laying around that i can swap and it does the same thing.??????

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic