icon

2006 honda odyssey remote start add

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afish70 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
     I have a friend that wants to add remote start to his wifes' 2006 Honda Odyssey. He wants to have a decent distance, 4th floor of a building and the vehicle around a block away. He would also like to have the remote to have confirmation (2 way). Can someone give me some ideas of good systems that won't cost a fortune? I am in the western suburbs of Chicago, we are looking for installation as well. All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
prestige by audiovox make a telematics device that just plugs right in to the alarm/rs module.  you can use a phone to start the truck from anywhere-its kinda like ONSTAR. it won't show up on your 2 way remote but i've used these for quite a few people and they work good
afish70 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
well he had a Python 571Xp installed and now his factory alarm does not work. if he arms his factory system and then uses the pythin for remote start it sets off the factory alarm. how can i fix this? isn't there a way to use a module for making the python control the remote start, keyless entry and the factory alarm? help me out, please.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like the installer didn't hook up the factory alarm disarm wire.  The Python has a wire that, if hooked up properly, disarms the factory alarm prior to remote starting so the factory alarm wont go off.  In that van you have to run a wire through the door boot to the disarm wire, which is in the driver door. 

There's no module necessary to have what you're after.  You need to connect the disarm, lock and unlock wires from the Python to the corresponding wires in the van and you'll be able use one remote for lock/arm, unlock/disarm and remote start.  Then just put the factory remote in a drawer and use the python.

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic