icon

clif designs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
netsurfer09 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

I came across a Clif Designs amp model cd20.2dlx amp for just $80 online. It's rated at 100 watts per channel with dual 30 amp fuses. This brand is familiar and the stats sound good. Does anyone have any experience with Clif Desings amplifiers or other products? I will use this amp to power some kicker components in the front and a pair of coaxials in the rear.

Also, can I use one channel to wire the front components in parallel and the other wired in series? I would like to have more power going to the front components. 

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

Cliff = Crap.

Support the12volt.com
netsurfer09 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

Cliff = Crap.

Thanks for the insightful feedback. Just out of curiosity, why is it crap? Does it sound bad? Crap to me is west coast audio, jensen, boss, etc. Judging by many of the posts here everything is crap except mcintosh, brax, tru, arc audio, alpine pdx amps, etc. I'm sorry, but there's no way I will pay that type of money for a car amp with the exception of the alpine pdx series.

For $80 shipped to my door I think this amp wil do a decent job powering my kicker separates. 

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, let me add some Canadian to it, smelly MERDE. I would rather have Jensen in my vehicle than that trash. If you are in Canada, there are deals on lots of amps right now that are Quality amps and not Kwality amps. If you are in the US, look to a local shop and see what deals can be found.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
netsurfer09 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Ok, let me add some Canadian to it, smelly MERDE. I would rather have Jensen in my vehicle than that trash. If you are in Canada, there are deals on lots of amps right now that are Quality amps and not Kwality amps. If you are in the US, look to a local shop and see what deals can be found.

Wow, ok thanks for the feedback. I had the chance to get an Eclpise amp rated at 65 watts x  2 for $80. Maybe I will go with that amp instead.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

smelly MERDE. .

POOPY
netsurfer09 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Can someone at least tell me WHY this amp is such crap?? With a signal to noise ratio of 100, distortion of only .03% and a 2 year warranty it seems at least adequate.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
build quality. stats mean nothing if you amp only lasts a week. i have the same gripe with anything made by jensen
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Cliff Designs is made by the Anaba Group, AKA the Mobile Authority folks and is their lower line below MA Audio.  Their specs are lies, falsehoods and exaggerations, their build quality is below Cracker Jacks prize level, and they sound like the ass of Godzilla after a hearty romp through Ensenada.  Other than that, they really are not worth anything you might have to pay for them.  Visonik, Ultra Linear and Rockbox are their other, equally quality-laden brands.
Support the12volt.com
netsurfer09 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Cliff Designs is made by the Anaba Group, AKA the Mobile Authority folks and is their lower line below MA Audio.  Their specs are lies, falsehoods and exaggerations, their build quality is below Cracker Jacks prize level, and they sound like the ass of Godzilla after a hearty romp through Ensenada.  Other than that, they really are not worth anything you might have to pay for them.  Visonik, Ultra Linear and Rockbox are their other, equally quality-laden brands.

Ok, any thoughts on the Eclipse xa 1000 sub amp? Picked that one up for $100 plus shipping.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic