clif designs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
netsurfer09 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
speedwayaudio1 wrote:

Why do you ask for advice, get the advice, then think Dyohn is lieing to you? If he says it's junk it's junk. He was building systems when you were still crappin yellow. So go ahead and buy it. don't waste peoples time asking question you think you know the anwser to.

I have a Precision Power A200 Art Series amplifier. That should tell you something about how long I've been into car audio. Admittedly, I've not paid much attention in the last few years. Apparently, while I was gone companies like Hifonics, Rockford Fostgate and even Precision Power have turned into ordinary stuff.

The Clif Designs I remember was a higher-end company with top quality speakers and such. Maybe that's changed but I tend to ask questions when things don't add up. And, I'm STILL waiting to hear from ONE person who has heard one of their amps. Judging from the reviews of people that actually owned their amps are very happy with them. I have three amplfiers that I could use to power my mids so it's not a big deal. Again, I paid just $79 for this amp with shipping. A virtually identical model is selling for $179 on onlinestereo.com. 

netsurfer09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

mcben789 wrote:
For my first system i had two low price Boss amps. They are not good and their power specs are exaggerated, but it sounded fine to me. That's why they make cheap stuff-for people without a lot of money. I for one can't afford PDX and Mcintosh and whatnot. To me (regular music listener) those Boss amps didn't blow up and completely ruin my system. They did the job. Buy the damn Clif Designs amp if you don't have alot of cash to blow. If you want to save up for a ridiculously priced amp go for it. I honestly can't tell that big a difference.
Or you could buy a used nicer brand amp. But i'm sure you'll be satisfied with this "crap" amp that "sucks". The amp will probably be okay. If it's not send it back. Lesson learned. Everything is about name brand these days. Even car audio.

I owned a Boss amp back in the day. It's was rated at 100 per channel but didn't sound like it. I could clearly hear the difference bewteen that amp and my Alpine and Precision Power amps. It sounded better than I thought but the distortion was very audible. I don't believe Boss amps are CEA-2006 compliant. That being said, the amp was no good for bass but ok for mids or highs which is what I'd be using the Clif amp for.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
When I say something like "Cliff Designs is crap" it's based on personal experience with them.  Cliff was never a high-quality brand, and after they got sucked into Anaba Mobile Authority their quality went WAY down.  They are garbage, in the same class as Pyramid or Pyle or Boss.
Support the12volt.com
netsurfer09 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
When I say something like "Cliff Designs is crap" it's based on personal experience with them.  Cliff was never a high-quality brand, and after they got sucked into Anaba Mobile Authority their quality went WAY down.  They are garbage, in the same class as Pyramid or Pyle or Boss.

At the end of the day that's just your opinion. A lot of people don't agree with you. 

audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Also from personal experience, the Cliff stuff is horrible.
When you are pulling gear out daily that has: caught fire, stopped working or just plain sound bad you start to notice the brands. When you see brands showing up at certain retailers or shops, you know somethings up. When Anaba, Directed and Maxxsonics own the perspective names, there's a big clue.
Dyohn has the knowledge, experience and enough little stars by his name to be more than credible on his opinions.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
netsurfer09 wrote:

At the end of the day that's just your opinion. A lot of people don't agree with you. 

If alot of these people are the ones that are purchasing the equipment based solely on the low price that the equipment is, then sure, I agree lots of people would not agree. For those people who have been in car audio since christ was in diapers, we know exactly the opposite. Clif is entry level equipment and always has been. My opinion is the same as DYohn's. (even though he has one little more star than me)

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic