the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

goofy '95 cavalier with no passlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
at least you now make more since the customer doesnt need a bypass goofy '95 cavalier with no passlock - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
Chris, funny thing about PDA phones of a certain provenance, 3 months ago I got a Samsung i900 Omnia, lasted two days, battery shorting so running hot and no life, changed that, wonderful for emails and google maps when I'm stuck on a Virgin  (yes I think Branson now owns the UK) train, but what a performance to use as a phone. Went out and bought a Moto V9 (3.5G V8) , so easy to use, voice quality miles ahead. But I found the SP was still charging me for last year's rate so I got an HTC touch HD, also lovely big screen and REAL controls for end send etc....BUT still doesn't  get as good a sound or as good a signal as the Moto. I know everyone in the Cellular trade runs Moto down, but I've been using Vseries phones for the last 20 years from the Startac on, I've never had any grief. OK so we don't get the dinky antennae on the phone but that's my rant for today. The UK Cavalier was just as rotten.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Ehh...I don't think the Cavalier/Sunfire was that bad(owned an '02 Sunfire GT). The only things that I didn't like were the fact that my car was an oddball with keyless entry, power sunroof, manual windows. Doesn't make sense really. I'd have probably liked the car a lot less if it had the 2.2 base motor with more NVH and 30 fewer horsepower.
GM milked it for too long like they've done with a lot of cars though.
The Startac I had, however...there's a product I absolutely hated. Stupid unmounted antenna tip that broke off readily, and a display that was on the inside, only visible when you flipped the phone open, which made call screening totally impossible because opening the phone answered whatever call you were getting!
That phone ended up slipping out of the belt clip and in to the toilet one day - I told everyone that's where it belonged.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
cellphone talk? i thought this was about remote starts and alarms ! ahah just messing. i remebr the startac. my dad had one and i must say its an ugly phone. I got the htc touch and blackberry bold. very nice phones but phone rates are killer here in canada. i still prefer HTC over blackberry
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
My mom and brother have iPhones - I personally would rather save $40/month and give up the navigation/legible Web browsing.
Everyone on here can say what they will about me, but I think a navigation is an insult to my intelligence. I was memorizing maps when I was 5-10 years old and I can find what I need to just as quick as any gadget can. Then again...I use Google Maps. Why the hell do I have to be so inconsistent?
Anyway, I know all I need to know about Canada after watching this again. Please if you click on it, at least watch a minute until you get what I'm talking about.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
Still getting used to my current touch HD, similar to previous touch but bigger screen and 3.5G, yes I'm really going to to pay the SP's ridiculous data rates when I can go home and  light up my computor and get it for free. Incidentally we call them Crackberries here, the iphone is absolutely fabulous but it's tied to a poor network, (we have 6 major networks here) and we haven't had antennas for 20 years, it was a fashion thing, aparantly North America liked aerials and Europe didn't. I've found funies like the Cav before, generally the German manufacturers installed transponders from 93-4 onwards, it was a legal EU requirement for all cars from 1-1-97, except you still had minor markets, eg Greece, Portugal where you might get to work on one of these  missing AC, power windows, eg Mk lV Golf/Jetta, all UK spec had power locks and windows, I've done 2 Golfs without the windows, the owners swore they were UK cars but those minus options never listed. (easier to do the lock wires are in the module near the steering column not in the door).
tedmond 
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
everything is diff in the uk, i wanna head to the uk and see what its all about if i get a chance. must be nice over there.hey howie, do you own hendons  if i remeber, or you work there?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
No Ted, do very little for them these days, the're clogged up with speakers and head units which they wil never shift, they are still going but only just, never seen so many close as in the last two years. They panic because every customer is punting around looking for a deal and they chop their price, then ask me to chop mine. At this point I tell them to take a running jump or words to that effect. I stil get the price when I talk to customers because I know the cars and how the alarm works on their car. How few people know about comfort close on Jags, BMW VW/Audi and Euro GM? Ooh look Henry he's made the alarm close the windows.(!!!) One of these days I'll post as general interest the differences between North America and the rest of the world. Just ask and I'll go into lecture mode. As an example go to Honda UK and Ford UK, look at the Civic and Focus over here, especially the 305hp Focus RS but more important, look at the equipment levels. Heck they even do the 335 BMW here with a TWIN turbo diesel engine, in practical terms it loses little in performance to the M3 with 45mpg.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
BMW 335d - sold in the US for 2009.
Per Motor Trend, all the cool Focus models are much too expensive for U.S. buyers, and you really almost never see cars of that size selling for more than $25K (other than luxury badges like the 3-series and the WRX/Evo). If an American wants a fast Ford he buys a Mustang.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
It's perceived or cultural differences Chris, I was going to come back with something  trite like but at least the Focus goes around corners, but there again the Mustang costs less than the Focus and I doubt very much if you have the roads any more to appreciate the handling difference. Lets face it if you've got a hot Mustang and straight roads, who needs a hot Euro hatch? But where I live there's an off ramp where you leave the motorway at what ever speed, up a hill into a 90% right hander with an adverse camber,  it's a nice test of road holding v. courage. Average saloon about 60mph, 911 about 80mph, Lotus Elise, about 110. But how many cars do Lotus sell these days? Remember over here the 3Series outsells the Ford Mondeo (500) and that's image, the latest Mondeo is a superb car and a lot cheaper. A lot of people in the motor trade say the biggest problem with the Focus is the Ford Badge! Tell you what though I used to live in West Palm and apart from the weather and the (too) laid back attitudes I used to lust to get back here and find a twisty road or even a hill!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic