icon

2001 yukon, bulldog rs1200e

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcowart 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Do I hAve to install the hood pin in order to make the starter work? or can I bypass it some way? I have a bulldog rs1200e on a 2001 yukon.
Jason Cowart
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
Its a highly recomended or mandatory safety precaution! In my opinion, but if you don't hook it up the starter will still engage.
well?
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
please do not bypass it. safety first 2001 yukon, bulldog rs1200e -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
The purpose of the pin is to keep the starter from working if you are changing a belt on the car.  It will save some fingers, whether it be your fingers or the mechanic's fingers.    USE the switch.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Its easy as pie to mount it on an 01 Yukon anyways, why bother to do without it. All you have to do is run the wire thru the firewall(which is pretty easy ifyou just poke it thru the main harness rubber bushing above the brake pedal. Then all you do is mount the switch on that curved corner braket that connects the fender to the firewall. You know which bracket I'm talking about, its right next to the hood hinges. Boom, yer done, thats it. Just make sire your height adjustment on the switch is right so that the switch is open wne the hood is closed, and the switch closes the circuit when the hood is open. I've done so many on GM full size trucks in that same spot. Even works so well it will usually shut down the engine just by pulling the hood pop cable, not even fully opening the hood. On top of all that, its another sensor you can hook to your alarm incase a theif tries to open your hood the alarm will go off. Some theives will actually be able to pop your hood thru the grill or by reaching fron underneath and then disconnect the battery and with no alarm goin off, have all the time in the world to remove your entire stereo system.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Like they say... you could have the best alarm system on the planet. But its only as good as the install.   Same goes for stereos, you could have the best woofers around, but if you throw them in a cheap flimsy premade "pawn shop" box, and hook them up to a pyramid amp, they will sound like crap.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Hook it up!!!!.....it'll take 5 minutes.  Cutdog504 explained it so it's really easy to do. 
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
jcowart 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick replies! I hooked it up anyway. I spent the day installing it. GOing thru the firewall was not that easy after all lol.
Jason Cowart
jcowart 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
I got the Bulldog rs1200 remote starter for Christmas. I spent the day installing it and it is working great! I have a 2001 yukon. I am having a few anomalies that I thought I might toss out there for advice.
1. When I unlock the vehicle, my headlights stay on. I can manually turn them off (turn the switch on then off) and they go off, but they don't do it automatically. (side bar-my headlights are automatic on the vehicle. If it is dark, they turn on automatically)
2. After I follow the instructions to add a 2nd remote, the 2nd remote still doesn't work. Any ideas?
This took me a pretty long while to install (4-5 hours). This was my first remote starter install. I am a newbie to the remote starter tech but am very excited about completing the job! Thanx in advance for your replies.
Jason Cowart
jcowart 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Follow up: the light issue is solved. They stay on for about 90 seconds as a courtesy, however, the other issue with the remote is valid.
Any help there??
Jason Cowart
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic