icon

omega db gmdlbp, dead battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

hey man. what you've done is hooked up your bypass to constantly activate, so basically you no longer have an immobilizer period. somebody could come and jump your constant to your ignition and crank wires and it'd start.

you want to look for a wire called (-)status, or (-) when running. if your starter system doesn't have a wire labelled that then you'll need to hook it up to a negative trigger. don't use a negative accessory trigger because accessory shuts down during crank. best would be ignition trigger or if you get stuck with a starter trigger that should work too. I'm not terribly familiar with a the crimestoppers, but it has to have a negative output you can use.

the only way a remote starter or alarm will kill a battery is if it's activating something else.

roooler 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Wow thanks for the insight getting my fathers truck stolen would not be very fun..
On the crimestopper RS 1304
it has a wire labeled YELLOW/BLACK (-) Ignition/Or Anti-Grind Feature
Now when i told the factory i would be using the Omega Bypass they said not to worry about hooking this YELLOW/BLACK wire to anything so i snipped it off but left 3 inches in case i needed it..
If i connected the YELLOW/BLACK wire from the CS to the BROWN wire of the Bypass will that work?
Thanks everyone
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
roooler wrote:
If i connected the YELLOW/BLACK wire from the CS to the BROWN wire of the Bypass will that work?
Thanks everyone
Yes
roooler 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry that it took so long to get back to everyone..
I did try what i was told to do..
Hook the Brown Wire from the Bypass Module "TO" the BLACK / YELLOW wire off the CrimeStopper..
Sadly when i did this the truck would still not start? i am getting so annoyed of this stupid damn wire.. is there another wire i can try to connect it to? any help is gladly appreciated!!
Thanks everyone
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure you didn't use the ORANGE / BLACK wire. If not, I would test the YELLOW/BLACK(-IGN:output) wire to see if it's providing a ground during the R/S operation. You should dis-connect the BROWN(GWR:input) wire from the YELLOW/BLACK(-IGN:output) wire, during this diagnostics. It's possible the default programming for the YELLOW/BLACK(-IGN:output) wire has been changed but, I doubt it.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic