icon

can't find a fuse '05 f250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dredmond 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

Installing an alarm/ remote start on my '05 F250 PSD. 

As I was soldering my last 12v supply wire to the yellow wire at ignition harness, I accidentally sparked it (yeah, I should have disconnected the battery but forgot - last minute add on).  Anyway, the yellow wire is now only hot when the ignition is on.  I thought it was no big deal, but now cannot find a fuse feeding it.  Any experts out there that know where it is fed from, fusable link, etc.  I checked all the fuses under the dash and hood and all good.

I could change the feed to the GREEN/ purple but really need to find where I blew a fuse... 

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
It's a fusible link, I believe. It needs to be fixed ASAP. Otherwise, you'll blow the fusible link for the GREEN/ purple as well.
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Look for one of these under the hood, near the battery or altenator: http://parts.leftlanenews.com/auto-parts/ford/engine-electrical-fusible-link
dredmond 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

Nothing...

Checked all the fusable links in the fuse box, and can'd find anything around the battery or alt.

loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I next advice would be to find a service manual or contact the dealer. The reason your seeing 12v+ on the yellow, is because the GREEN/ purple is back-feeding it through the ignition switch. Ultimately, the fuse for the GREEN/ purple will blow from feeding circuits it wasn't built for.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
i would suspect a fuse under the hood
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
its not a fuse in the fusebox there is a fusable link that runs off of the battery on most vehicles. it will either be right by the battery or possibly by the starter or starter solenoid. it will look like a inline fuse.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
I see 2 yellows pin 7 and pin 12 at the ING switch according to my diagram there both fed from the (CJB) Central Junction Box Fuse number F2.110 30 Amp (usually green) Central Junction box is the fuse box under the drivers side of the dash other than that you may have fried somthing in side the CJB
Hope this helps good luck
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
dredmond 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Joe,

Fuse 110 is not blown.  Does that feed from a main bus inside the CJB or is there a fuse further upstream toward the battery that may have blown?

Can you tell me where the GREEN/ purple is fed from, the other 12v supply to IGN?

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

hydrodancer91 wrote:
its not a fuse in the fusebox there is a fusable link that runs off of the battery on most vehicles. it will either be right by the battery or possibly by the starter or starter solenoid. it will look like a inline fuse.

auto makers havent used those things for years. anything newer wont have the type of fusible you are talking about, which incidently is a real fusable link, the other fuses that the poster above posted a link to are not "fusable links", they are called "JCAS" fuses are are nothing more than fuses that are shaped differently than your standard ATC fuse.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic