icon

sidewinder 6500esp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rlowe75 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 94 ford explorer. I installed the 6500 on. everything worked fine, until now. When I activate the remote start the unit goes through all the motions except starting the truck. I did the "shotdown diagnostics" and it is giving me code 4. It's saying that it is "Transmitter shutdown (or optional push-button)". I do not have the optional push button. Any suggestions what it might be?

Thanks

Rick Lowe

DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Check all your connections, including the toggle switch for ground, the hood pin switch, etc. Make sure the grounds are good and clean on bare metal. Also do you have PATS on the Explorer???
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Double checked the installation guide, it said that Zone 4 was pin H1/6 "BLUE" wire. Blue wire was multiplexed input for an optional sensor input.   Did you connected any sensor on this wire or crossed any alarm wiring to it?
Good luck.
rlowe75 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

Explorer does not have PATS on it. Does not explain why it worked for a day then quit.

The zone four that you are speaking of is for the alarm. Check your manual to see "Shut Down Diagnostics" to see that  four led flashes are for transmitter shutdown/or optional push-button.

It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye.
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Alright bub, checked my 6500ESP install Manual ( would have done it first, but forgot I got a PDF of it on my Puter.) and it's like you said, either the push button or the Transmitter that cancelled it out. One possibility could be a bad battery in the transmitter, or the transmitter itself is bad. However it could also be the brain. These are extremes, and not too likely, but still possible. However, if you don't have the switch installed it is asking for, install it and see if the problem persists. if it does.....timet o bust out the DMM.
1) Check the harnesses and wiring, make sure they are completely plugged into the Brain Module. Make sure all connections to the vehicles wire are good. (soldered, heat-shrinked, taped. )
2) Check voltages and fuses. Uses your meter and test teh red wire in the 5 pin ribbon harness from the remote start relay satellite and the black ground wire. If oyu have less than Batteryvoltage check the 3A and 30A fuses in the relay array.
3) check for voltage on the purple wire of the Remote start relay array 2 seconds after the remote start engages. ( if you have juice. proceed to the next step..if not check all your fuses, connections, and if the gray/black wire is detecting ground. If it is detecting ground the remote start will not crank the engine. )
4)Make sure the Purple wire is connected to the Starter side of the starter kill Relay.
5)Make sure if you have an immoblizer on it. ( PATS for ford ) is is Bypassed, and the bypass is working..to check, but the key in the ignition don't turn it or anything, and engage the remote start...if that's the problem...get a new bypass ( for Ford I like the 555U by DEI, it permantely bypasses PATS..but it works a lot better in my opinion...and gettign replacement keys, jsut dropped to the Home Depot price.)
6) Make sure connections are still good...and if you have more than one 12V Constant in the car...you hooked both REd wires for the remote start to seperate wires...
Try that and let us know what you got...
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
REason I asked if you had pats, is on the Fords, there's a ring that has to be aligned almost perfectly....if you hit a bump, it might have knocked it out of alignment, therefore, causing the vehicle not to see the resistance or whatever, and the car wouldn't start
rlowe75 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help guys. i will try all this after lunch and post a reply.,
DeathsJester12V 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Actually bub....i got to thinking....Channel 3 on the transmitter will cancel the remote start...do you have channel 3 hooked to anything??
rlowe75 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, sorry it took me awhile. Had to move into new house. I have checked all my connections and I am seeing that everything is in place. I did another  "shutdown diagnostics" and was given 3 flashes. Per the manual the problem is "low or no RPM". What could this be. I am ready to put an Iraqi flag on it and drive it to the nearest army base. Thanks for any help.
rlowe75 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
any help would be apperciated
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic